Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 XE CC Long Bed Build Front Suspension Question. Please Help

I bought my frontier back in May and have been loving it since. It came stock from a Toyota dealer with 79,000 miles and the interior almost brand new. The first thing I did was get a shell to protect all of my goodies. Since I usually have alot of stuff back there, I thought it was best. Plus i wanted to get that old fisherman look haha

After that I wanted to do more. I bought Nismo floormats since my truck didnt have any, and a Cat back Nismo exhaust. I love the nice growl it gives. I'm getting a Volant soon to get a bit more power and growl. Next came preloading my torsion bars and shackles. I got 2 1/4th of lift in the front and about 2 inches in the rear. Then I slapped some 32's on with 16" XD wheels and watched all my gained power from my exhaust dissapear :(

Just went off roading, then it rained the next day. Which explains how dirty my truck is haha

Exhaust and a bit of shackle in the background

The only downside to 32's, they rub. Hence the black spot on the tip of the wheel well/ fender.

So I've decided on a 2 inch body lift. And i just ordered my volant, so i cant wait to install that. Plus i just got a pioneer stereo and infinity speakers installed. Loving those. Ill get new pictures up as soon as the volant gets installed :)

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
whats the word on that volant and the BL? Trucks coming along nicely btw.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man!

I got the volant installed. It made such a difference in sound and power. It definately helps make up for the bigger tires.

As for the body lift, i still have yet to buy it. I need to do a little more research on it.

Has anyone installed one with the volant intake and other mods similar to mine? Did you have any problems at all?

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys! So i need some help. I need more clearance in the front, plus my ride is really stiff. So i have been thinking about 2 different routes. Either a 2 inch body lift and some 3" lift UCA's/shocks. Or 3" UCA's and a front bumper.

Ive been going off roading alot since i discovered a few spots near my house. But i dont have much clearance in the front and my truck is stiff from cranking my t bars.

So my question is, will the various 3" UCA lifts on 4x4parts.com give me more travel and a much comfier ride? and also should i go with a 2 inch body lift or a bumper for more clearance? Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I have decided on the 3" UCA lift and Hannemann fiberglass front fenders. Ill be ordering the parts soon and putting it all together. It should be done within the next few months :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't been on here in a while. Well a month ago i got my AC front 3" susp. lift in and installed. Got UCS's, Rancho Shocks, and new Torsion Bars for it. I gotta say I am impressed. Cranked up to get about an inch more lift in front, and my ride got smoother on and off road.

For future mods, I live about 2 hours from Calmini, so I called in and ordered a front and read prerunner bumper. Should be done in about a week or so. And i plan on getting front fenders as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Haven't been on here in a while. Well a month ago i got my AC front 3" susp. lift in and installed. Got UCS's, Rancho Shocks, and new Torsion Bars for it. I gotta say I am impressed. Cranked up to get about an inch more lift in front, and my ride got smoother on and off road.

For future mods, I live about 2 hours from Calmini, so I called in and ordered a front and read prerunner bumper. Should be done in about a week or so. And i plan on getting front fenders as well.
Sweet truck Nick,

Question: Do you have a plastic bedliner in the back? Or are tose some kind om rail cap for the camper shell? I noticed when I put a shell on my truck its just a bit lower than the cab. I noticed every frontier has those plastic caps on the bed which I dont. Maybe it is what I am missing.

James

·
Registered
1,223 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
James:

Yeah the truck came with those, I'm not sure exactly how much space they take up, but it should help.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I just got an amp and 2 10" subs installed :) stoked on that. Now I'm just waiting on Calmini to call me back and let me know my bumpers are done :)

The only bad news I have is there is a leak in my AC line, so I gotta get that fixed. Gonna set back my fenders a bit.

Any suggestions on the rear end guys? My stock leaves are getting pretty worn. So I wanna get some new leaves, but I don't want the back end to raise any higher(its lifted 1.5 inches now). I actually want it lower. Does Deaver or someone make a nice set that won't break the bank?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Check with prg, I know they carry deavers, and they are reasonable.

PRG Products

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I dunno, but I bet greg can tell you!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
actually nothing new to it. I decided i would be better off to buy another truck then dump more money into the white one. So i bought this :) Im just gonna make another build thread for the new one. And im selling the old one anyways

1 - 18 of 18 Posts