Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2004 tailight housing removal??

958 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  SHIFT_13 
#1 ·
So... I looked all over (under bedliner, underneath...) and do not see anything that will allow the removal of the tailight housings! No 10 mm screws, as I saw other places and nothing in the manual to tell how to do.

Anyone know the secret here?

Was going in there to try out some Halogen backup lamps, to be able to see better when backing (dark tint...) at night. Anyone have experience with these? I am afraid of melting the lenses and having too high a power draw.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Nevermind... The same screws that hold on the bed extender brackets retain the light assemblies. BTW: The 50W halgens (GE I think) are not much brighter than a standard 3156, put out a LOT more heat and are $10 each. Think will try the Sylvania whatevers that clain 20% higher output. Use those for headlamps and they are significantly brighter.

#4 ·
So it's not just me? I skied without sunglasses for way too many years and all I see at night anymore is dark and glare... Will try those. Failing that, might have to go for an under bumper something or other. Thanks for reply.

#6 ·
Problem is I pick our youngest up at school and there is a special door you have to use. There are no marked spots and the soccer moms park their SUV's and minivans all OVER the place. Really, it's comical. But, with kids running around between the cars, being able to see is really pretty critical...

#7 ·
what you outta do is pickup some silverstar ultras they are really bright. my silverstars burnt out a few weeks back and i upgraded, soo much brighter!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.