Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2004 nissanfrontier trans shifting rough

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Berttech13 
#1 ·
Hi all I just did a lot of work to my 2004 nissanfrontier it has the 3.3l motor and the motor turnout great but since I had the Trans down to rebuild the motor I replaced the filter and now I'm having a hard shift going into second gear.code Po732 I think the filter did not seal right anyone else have this problem? Could it be the Trans fluid? ? I used merc 3 that what the book said was used any help and information would be great

#3 ·
I dropped the Trans pan today did a visual inspection everything looks good. level was good the truck was hot in park at idling shifting and adding fluid little bit at a time until it was full test drive again it feels like the Trans is low on fluid the filter is from autozone could that be the problem.I checked all my wiring and plugs I'm sure everything is wired properly

#5 ·
I recheck the leve and it was good did some looking online for that code p0732 there's a TSB by nissan that the TPS will mess up your readings to the ECM if the TPS is out of adjustment I recheck that and I had it at .50v when I rechecked it it was at .88v with in range but just at the max I adjusted the linkage and the TPS retest after rechecking Trans fluid not one code came back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.