Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped the front shocks in my truck with Grabriel MaxControl shocks. Somehow the truck now feels bouncier that before. The original shocks in my opinion where shot already they had 177K. Also when I took the shocks out of the box I notice like a metal tube where does that goes? See attached picture. I did not install the metal sleeve since there was no instructions or anything with the shocks.

John::laugh::::grin::

Attachments

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
That metal sleeve goes inside the rubber bushing at the bottom of the shock. The bolt that holds the shock on the control arm will then pass through the metal sleeve. It’s necessary to prevent the shock from being loose since the hole in the rubber is much larger than the diameter of the bolt and to increase the life of the rubber bushing. See the green arrow I added to your picture. You really should install them.

As to your bouncy issue. My opinion is the shocks you bought are just low quality. I have seen many threads over the years about poor ride quality after installing Gabriel brand shocks. Return them and get KYBs, Bistiens, or even ranchos if you want a smoother ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
As to your bouncy issue. My opinion is the shocks you bought are just low quality. I have seen many threads over the years about poor ride quality after installing Gabriel brand shocks. Return them and get KYBs, Bistiens, or even ranchos if you want a smoother ride.
Agree the Gabriels are junk. I am a big fan of the KYB Gas-A-Just if you really want a stiff, sporty ride

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,086 Posts
I dunno, the Gabriel's I have on mine are great. I have the G63813's. They have a very large diameter housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts