Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2004 Frontier Supercharged with around 194000 for 2500, when I bought it I drove it home for 2 hours with no problems and the truck ran really good. Two weeks later the distributor went bad, took me a while to diagnose because it look like new so i never thought it as the culprit, I also replaced the starter because the connection to battery was corroded.
Now the truck start and idles as it should like new, but on the road it takes along time to get to 60 mph and wont go any higher, even when i floored it all the way.
Right now theres no codes, and was thinking it might be a clogged catalytic converter but not sure any help or input would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Suggest you post this over in the 1st-Gen section. Should get more responses that way.

Mine isn't supercharged, but a number of members have them and can assist. Of course, it could easily be unrelated to the s/c. Did you check all the basics (fuel filter, is it shifting correctly, etc.?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Could the distributor have been installed "off" a tooth? Did you re-set/check the ignition timing after the install?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i check all the basics, i first thought it was the knock sensor but somehow the previous owner had cut of the white wire that goes to the sensor, but im not getting any codes so i removed the maf connector from the sensor and i did get one code but it was from the maf sensor. Thanks to all and ill try the first gen sectiin thanks.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
So you're running a supercharged engine without a knock sensor...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well he isn't worried about knowing before it blows up obviously. Lol he cut it because it was throwing an error code. Which is why its not now. My knock sensor started giving me codes when my timing belt was a little over used. As mentioned before. Either your car is stuck in limp mode or it's a timing issue. Likely caused somehow when you replaced. If it was working fine before and not after the parts. It's logical to think they may be the problem? Has the timing belt been replaced at all? I bet you have a knock in your motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts