Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everbody I am having issues with my power steering, it is leaking and trying to see what other people did to fix it. hopefully I can post in other areas

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Hi everbody I am having issues with my power steering, it is leaking and trying to see what other people did to fix it. hopefully I can post in other areas
Some try a power steering stop leak product, it swells the seal around the shaft. But first I think you need to see if your leak is around the PS pump, or in the "drive" components, or in the high pressure PS line; wipe off evertything real well, drive a bit look for leakage, remember what gravity and wind flow do...

That said: my 2004 4-cylinder (100K) does not leak PS fluid, but my similar 1998 does. I have tried PS stop leak and power steering fluid containing stop leak, not so sure that helped much on mine. I did tighten the hose clamps on the rubber lines though.

On my B2200 truck, I have replaced the PS pump with a rebuilt unit, wasn't that involved a job. Or just take it to an independent shop, let them diagnose the source of the leak and quote the job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts