Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At 3 years 1 month (29500 miles) my troubles started with my truck not running right. After reading various articles I decided to take the truck to Autozone for a scan. My first P0328 Knock sensor code. The truck was running poorly with the timing retarded and the supercharger in failsafe mode. Quite a loss in power.I had the sensor replaced($450.00) and problems solved! or so I thought! Now, 2 years 6 months later(now 46000 miles) I noticed another loss of power. I again stopped at Autozone for a scan and you guessed it---a P0328 Knock sensor code. Again, I had the knock sensor replaced($450.00) and it's back to normal.
My questions are:
1) Has anyone done the relocation on the supercharged model, and have the documentation(pictures, part numbers, procedure, etc.) on how to do it?
2) Is there anything else I can do to prevent this problem?(short of selling the truck)
3) Does Nissan recognize this problem and have a fix?
I only use premium fuel and since have switched brands. Any help would be appreciated. Any Nissan mechanics care to comment? Thanks:)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
This is a big problem with the VG33 motor. We have it, as do the xterras. I do have someone that has done this to a SC frontier."GothamEMS" PM him and see if he has pictures.. Better yet, search for his posts.... He has a thread related to your question. We have been relocating them as oppose to having them done the correct way because your scenario was our nightmare. Read up on the KS relocation thread that is sticky'd in the 1st gen section. If you have any questions or if GothamEMS doesn't respond for whatever reason. Feel free to PM me and I will try to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts