Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about my factory Rockford Fosgate stereo except it sounds pretty good. is there an amp? If yes, does it have RCA inputs? If no, what kind of power is the head unit putting out? Is there a way to hook up an iPod to the head unit with out the FM type transmitter...

If I get a head unit that has iPod support built in, with say 45W x 4 speaker output...will it sound as good as it does now with the 6 disc changer? Will I be able to hook the factory sub back up to it? Is that even a factory sub behind the back seat?

How much would my 6 disc changer be worth if I sold it?

Thanks!

EDIT:
By the way, the link above for removing the head unit is not working...

·
Registered
26 Posts
JagerMonster said:
I know nothing about my factory Rockford Fosgate stereo except it sounds pretty good. is there an amp? If yes, does it have RCA inputs? If no, what kind of power is the head unit putting out? Is there a way to hook up an iPod to the head unit with out the FM type transmitter...

If I get a head unit that has iPod support built in, with say 45W x 4 speaker output...will it sound as good as it does now with the 6 disc changer? Will I be able to hook the factory sub back up to it? Is that even a factory sub behind the back seat?

How much would my 6 disc changer be worth if I sold it?

Thanks!

EDIT:
By the way, the link above for removing the head unit is not working...
Yes there is an amp, it is small and does not have any rca's. My window sticker said that it is rated at 300 watts. The stereo is great sounding, but it is hard to replace.
:thatswck:

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
no RCA's, ,head unit may be pushing 17wrms, not sure about the ipod, a head unit saying 45w X 4 is the max out put and should never be considered when putting a system together. if its 45w max then your looking at around 16w rms. should sound better than stock, you may be able to use the factory sub, not 100% sure though. not sure if there is a sub. would require some work to make work though. ebay is your friend for finding prices.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just replaced my rockford fosgate (H-U) with a pioneer avic-d3. The D3 is ratedc at 50x4. You have to hook up the blue wire from the after market harness (amp relay) to the purple wire on the stock harness. That is the only way that I could get any sound.

Yes there is an amp and some how It is WAY LOUDER. I think the D3 can go to 40 or 50, But I have only been able to turn it up to about 21.

My trucks audio is all stock except for the D3, the amp gets deck power plus whatever it puts out. The truck doesnt really sound better but it is louder.

The sub is factory if it is in a plastic box and says nissan/RF on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts