Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier XE King cab 4 Cyl. automatic that shifts into 2nd gear rather harshly 80% of the time, other times it is smoother but still harsher than the other gears. And every once in a while it shifts smooth as all the other gears, but rarely. It's bad enough to throw my head back into the seat if I'm not paying attention. I've taken it to the dealer when it was under warranty and they said it wasn't a problem (probably cuz it was under warranty). I've owned it for 4 years and it has never let me down but it is extremely annoying. I've had to replace the u-joints in it @ 85K miles and the speed sensor plate (I think) where the drive shaft meets the rear end cracked not too long ago, another $350 fix. Anyone that rides with me notices it so it isn't just me being picky. I'm cluless what to do, as my drive to work will soon change from 8 miles to 45 miles each way. This has primarily been a short route city driver, so I never had it looked into any further. I'm only concerned because Blue book value is $3900 at best, but to get the tranny rebuilt will surely cost me $1250 or more and it needs lots of other small things replaced as well. I always keep the fluids changed, had the tranny flushed and fluids changed 3 times in 65K miles span (Currently has 97.5K on it), and it never helped. Any thoughts on this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts