Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone can help, but i've searched everywhere and can't find anything. 2001 Frontier 5 speed that will not start. When the key is turned on i can hear the fuel pump kick on, radio, windows,headlights, etc all work but there are no dash lights at all, no mileage showing up either. Ive checked battery, starter, and pretty sure i've checked all fuses. When the key is turned i can hear a slight hissing sound near the rear of the vehicle which may just be the fuel pump. I was told in a Frontier facebook group that it might be the ECU. Figured I'd check here and see if anyone else has had a similar issue. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your distributor too.

How many miles on the truck?
225k. The distributor shouldn't cause the gauge cluster to not work should it? The truck doesn't crank at all. Starter doesn't even turn. Nothing happens when the key is turned.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Checked battery = physically cleaned your connectors/terminals?

I4 or V6?

Reactions: Blue Devil

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I can't remember the exact term, but what about the clutch safety switch? The switch that activates when the clutch is fully depressed and is required before starting. Can you "push start" it.

How have you checked the battery and starter? Have you tried to jumpstart the truck? I've had a battery with some power, but it was still unable to start the truck.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
If mine I'd get a real battery test or try a known good battery.

But I really would test out the electrical part of the ignition switch. I think this is why there are no dash lights

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. It's the v6. I've put the battery under a load test and it's fine. The clutch interlock switch is fine as well as the relay for it.

I thought i posted this yesterday, but for some reason it didnt post.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like either a battery connection, frame or engine or body ground issue or a computer issue

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Try running a jumper cables to recreate additional good grounds to body, frame, and engine, from the battery ground and see if that works - if it does you've got bad ground connections/cables

Have you done any work on it recently?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts