Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 SE crew cabs short bed V6 manual transmission
200 miles non stop and the cup holder and all the plastics around the shifter were producing a lot of heat is this normal for you all? I do realize these trucks are like really lacking layers its like transmission thin metal carpet plastics I figure it is from just driving so long non stop. I mean this is first time I took it so far I only drive in the city and about 30 mins tops at a time. Nothing goofy on shifting she shifts perfectly any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have a 2001 SE crew cabs short bed V6 manual transmission
200 miles non stop and the cup holder and all the plastics around the shifter were producing a lot of heat is this normal for you all? I do realize these trucks are like really lacking layers its like transmission thin metal carpet plastics I figure it is from just driving so long non stop. I mean this is first time I took it so far I only drive in the city and about 30 mins tops at a time. Nothing goofy on shifting she shifts perfectly any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Sounds like the exact problem I have, the rubber inner shift boot (not the one you can see) is ripped and leaking outside hot engine heat through the console area.

A new boot is around $150 so I have a rag stuffed in my main console cupholder and that helps a lot.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts