Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
133,000 miles/6cylinder/automatic. Didn't drive the truck this winter and went to start it this spring to go to home depot, but the battery was dead. I jumped the truck, let it idle, off we went. The next day, knowing my truck needed to go for a drive, I take it to work....it starts up fine in the driveway at my house, but after work, I had to jump it to get home. Today I jump it and let it idle for awhile, after turning it off, it wont start back. Voltage on the battery reads 12-14 when the truck is running and 11-12 when the truck is off. Water is in all the cells covering the plates. Everything seems like it should work, but now when I try to start it, there is a clicking sound. I know to check for the ground, but I'm a little confused because I understand there's more than one? I took a couple overhead shots of under the hood. (one right side and one left side) I circled in red 2 spots on the right side that are empty holes and I don't know if that's "normal" or not.

The truck will start fine with the battery jumper on it, but not on its own.

Any tips of things to look for would really be great! Thanks!

Right side with 2 red circles:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6047/dscn4544l.jpg
Left side:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2175/dscn4546.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,530 Posts
Letting the battery discharge that long is not good for it. Most likely a new one would be needed. you can get an automatic battery charger to keep it topped off so it's always ready.
I had a Home of Deltran Battery Tender® Battery Chargers - Batterytender.com on my motorcycle when not used and never had an issue. It won't overcharge the battery.

Clint

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I am def. going to look into that. I replaced the battery today. All by myself. in the NAPA parking lot. In business attire. with them staring out the window watching me. First time in my life NAPA hasn't been able to hook it up to their machine and test it/replace my battery for me. Anyway. Hopefully that's all that it was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts