Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if you can swap the front clip from the '01 fronty's to the '00 s? i like the look of the 01 front end better and i dont wanna get a whole new truck. any help is great

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
The hood and fenders are the same, no need to do a whole front clip, do you just want the round headlights? Is so I would think you would need the head lights, grill, and headlight buckets. Everything but the dash and grill are the same between the two so I would guess everything would mount up.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The hood and fenders are the same, no need to do a whole front clip, do you just want the round headlights? Is so I would think you would need the head lights, grill, and headlight buckets. Everything but the dash and grill are the same between the two so I would guess everything would mount up.

um no...

you need a 01' specific fenders, hood, bumper, core support, grill, headlights etc....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well like all i want is the whole front end. i like the look of the bumpers and grill and the whole front end better then the 2000, i was just wondering if they would match up at all, with fenders, hood, grill, and stuff.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'd do an Fronterra converson myself if your going to do the work to swap the front sheet metal
do the fronterra conversion, only me and danny and one other lowrider has it :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
meh, i like the the xterra but i dunno...i like the fast look of the 01' fronty's. ive always wished my dad woulda waitied a year to get the 01' so i could have the front end but w.e. :p thanks for the input though guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
does anyone know how long it might take to do it?...i have access to a massive shop but i cant get out there all the time.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
if you have all the parts ready to go about a day with a buddy or 2 to swap it all over will take some time lining it all up and doing your gaps and such

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright, im gonna have a look around at a few scrap yards to see if i can get the entire front end all in one go. and i have a few buddies that are willing to help me out and my dad. are there any trim pieces that i should be worried about not matching? and creases in the fenders?

·
Registered
443 Posts
i think the only things that wont match will be your fender flares. You'll need to get all 4 from the 01-04 truck. Everything else should be pnp.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright...fender flares are easy so that shouldnt be a problem

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fer sure

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
you would need the front radiator support, the front bumper support, and maybe the front bumber brace.
no, yes, no

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright i was actually just gonna go to a few junkyards and look around for one there and then just get whatever i needed of it. and does anyone know if the crease that goes along the side of the truck just under the window will match up on the new front clip?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.