Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all!
any tips for removing/replacing the rear window on one of these? I broke mine yesterday - i know there is the same one at the junk yard but i believe they are glued in? Has anyone done this and do you know how hard it is without special tools/any tricks?
thanks JH
Jordan

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Rear window on the side of the truck or rear window, as in back of the cab? If it's the one on the side of the truck, I highly suggest you let a glass pro take care of it as they are really easy to break if you don't have any experience with them!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hey all!
any tips for removing/replacing the rear window on one of these? I broke mine yesterday - i know there is the same one at the junk yard but i believe they are glued in? Has anyone done this and do you know how hard it is without special tools/any tricks?
thanks JH
Jordan
They are indeed glued into place... and being glass, are very easy to break.
Replacement is easy, once you know how.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's the rear window - behind the gun rack 😉... What method works well for removing the glue? Feeding a cable behind the seal and pulling it around? Or maybe a windshield blade?

·
Premium Member
6,928 Posts
Which pane was broken? If it was the sliding part, that could've been addressed by a glass shop w/o removing the whole thing. Ask me how I know...and saved a TON of $$$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts