Trim: SE
Color:Red
Mods:

Interior:Kenworth Stereo

Exterior:Tonneau Cover

Drivetrain:Nothing

Suspension & Tires: Torsion bar lift and AC rear shackles

Armor:Nothing

Performance: Washer mod for exhaust (not really performance)

Gear and Other:

In Progress: Hopefully upgrade UCA and Shocks
ARB Front Bumper
Badlands winch
New rear recovery method
BFG KO2 Tires (Not sure which size)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Howdy!
Recently bought a nice little 2000 King Cab SE 4x4. I payed 5300$ with 122000 miles on it. Had records from way long ago all from the dealer it was from. Even has a little sunroof. The owner had the thing covered in various skull acessories, unfortunatley. Luckily none were on the paint and all are easily removable. It came with a nice Tonneau cover which I have found to be quite useful for storing things. Not sure how I feel on the look of it. First things I did were replace the skull on front with a proper Nissan badge, remove the bug deflector, as well as remove the side steps.
When I got it:

Also installed a flag mount for my dune flag.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After having it for a bit, I have taken it on a few adventures.

Last bit of Oregon snow:

Thick Oregon mud (PITA to clean!)

Oregon Dunes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided that I need a little bit of lift. Ordered AC shackles and low profile bump stops. Very easy to install as well as crank the tbars. Only took a few hours. About 2" all around.
Before and after(after on top, before on bottom):

Havent noticed any stiffer ride whatsoever. Havent taken it offroad yet since then so cant speak about the reduced uptravel.
On a side note, anyone know what this thing is on the exhaust pipe? It rattles when I drive and a mechanic friend has no idea what it is. Just told me to rip it off.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Mechanic didn't know what it was?? :-0

Heat shield. Don't remove it, rather put a stainless steel clamp or two around it to stop the rattling.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I thought it was a whatcha-you-call-it

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Truck was completely filthy but aftet a wash, wax, and a few other things, it cleaned up great. Previous owner was not lying when they said it was garaged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Selling the Frontier, bought an 87 4runner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, makes me sad. Nearly perfect condition. Just wanted a manual and something more exciting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice truck! I have a 2000 frontier also and I'm looking to do the t-bar crank and possibly get shackles. I have a couple questions about how you did your lift so that I can do mine:

1. Did you jack up your front end all the way so that your front wheels were off the ground?
2. I loosen the top nut first, and then hold the bottom nut (closer to the torsion key on the top side) while spinning the bolt
head that is located on the ground side of the key?
3. How much did you lift the front end and did you get an alignment right after?
4. How has the suspension feel been? Stiff?
5. Where did you get your shackles from and how much did you lift the rear?

I appreciate any info you can give me, otherwise I'm going into this blind and will be trying to do it this weekend!

Mahalo,

Harley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts