Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2000 crew cab with stock 16" rims. A friend of mine has some 18" wheels from an 05 titan. Will these work on my truck? My understanding was that the center hole was smaller on the titan rims...is that the case, and if so, can this be fixed somehow without ruining the rims?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
You CAN'T run titans on a 4x4/CC there is not enough metal around the hub and lugs when you bore it out to fit. the titan/GM wheels only work on 2wd trucks. they all need to be bored out to 100mm about 1/2 in deep. for the 4x4 need to bore the center all the way threw thus creating a strength issue around the studs

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More Info...

My frontier IS a 2wd. What exactly do I need to do to these rims to ensure that they will fit?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am attaching a pic of the rims I am wanting to buy... So when I go to the machine shop, I need to request that they bore out the hole behind the "center cap" to a width of 100mm and remove 1/2" depth worth of material? Essentially removing a 1/2" thick 100mm wide washer shaped amount of material? I appologize for asking this so simplisticly but I want to make sure I dont ruin the rims or run into mechanical problems once I get it done. Thanks,Michael...
PS- Has anyone else done this? How did it work out? How much did it cost to get done?

Attachments

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
tons of guys have had it done. no issues as long as your a 2wd truck with out a front hub that goes threw the wheel

for getting it done the hub is bored to 67mm or something like that already just need to expand it. there are a lot of guys on infamousnissan.com that might be able to better answer it as far as what to tell the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.