Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Frontier CC 3.3L. It starts and runs good for 3-10 min. It starts spitting and sputtering then dies and won't restart.

I have recently replaced:
plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor, knock sensor, coolant temp sensor.

I have a friend at a Nissan dealership who has walked me through a couple of steps. Checked for fuel pressure...good. Checked MAF, MAP, purge solenoid, IAT.

I have a code reader that has live data also...my buddy told me to run till it shuts down and check for spark...there was mostly none, but a couple tiny orange ones. Replaced distributor, still same issue.

He told me to to check for RPMs on diag tool while cranking after it shuts down...I checked and saw some before I replaced dist...now I checked and it shows none...he had said if this happens, try the crank sensor...

I am going to pull the crank sensor now and check it. I will heat it up to check for continuity.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it...I will post a reply if the crank sensor tests bad.

:crikey:​

·
Registered
412 Posts
When you say you checked the MAF....did you clean it? Mine did the same thing, I cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner and started running fine again. Just a shot there, hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Titanws6...I actually bought a new one for about $150 and installed it...same results...cleaned it up nice and returned it...I am really hoping for the crank sensor...not much left

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...I am really embaressed to say this, but I did not plug in the main connector for the distributor all the way...the distributor fixed the issue.

It was mind baggling trying to figure this all out due to no codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts