Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Frontier 4x4 V6. The ABS light has been on for quite a while. Relays and fuses seem to be ok. It will not self test per maint.manual. Pulled electrical plug for control module. For this truck you should have battery voltage on pins #17 and #18 and was ok,pin #19 is ground and was ok,pin #15 should have ignition voltage and had none. Traced wire back to #8 fuse on inside fuse panel and fuse was ok. Cut both ends of wire and no continuity and there was none so I spliced in new wire and had ignition voltage. Thought this was the problem but when plugged back in the light was still on and still would not self test. I think this points to a bad control module. I have read that you can put in another one and bleed it as you would regular brakes. I have also read where it is something you should let a dealer do. The dealer wants $1300 dollars and labor rate is $99.00 dollars an hour. At this point I'm not sure what to do and maybe someone can help.

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
Control unit is part of the ABS actuator assembly, if I remember correctly. I don't recall them failing to much on these models, so maybe consider getting a used one from a salvage yard? As far as bleeding, I used a vacuum bleeder when working for the dealer, but you can do the ol' brake pump method. The vacuum bleeder is easier because you can pull a high volume of fluid through the system without someone's leg getting worn out pumping the pedal! Just make sure you following the bleeding procedure listed in the factory service manual, which you can probably find the Brake chapter in the "knowledge base-service manual" section at NissanHelp.com. Nico Club's site has full manual downloads available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts