Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is it? Hayne's Youtube video says 1998-2004 Frontier is under back seat. There's nothing there on mine.

Just guessing it's the pump. When you start it and give it gas it dies. And I don't here the pump running when I turn the key like I normally do. Although filter is probably original too.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,398 Posts
Fuel pump is in tank. Here's a link to where you can download the FSM.... Factory Service Manual.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I believe my daughter's '98 Pathfinder had a trap door under the back seat for access to its fuel pump, maybe your Frontier crew cab is similar.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
You either have to drop the tank or lift the bed off and move it out of the way to get to the top of the tank where you can replace the fuel pump. Before you do that, go to Nissan's site and check to see if you have an open fuel sending unit recall open for your truck. If you do, have Nissan do it. What sometimes happens is that the circuit for the fuel pump inside the sending unit would corrode and open, preventing power from getting to the fuel pump in the tank. If that's the case with yours, you can replace the fuel pump but it still won't run because of the sender. You can check the circuit through the sending unit by removing it and using an ohmmeter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts