Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks...looking to get a new frontier...
I have a 2000 4 banger 4 sp 2WD...200,000 (almost) not too many problems...

Looking at a 2010/2011 fronty, 4WD 4 banger and 5 sp...

Looking for comparisons of power...Nissan raised the power on this engine about 20 horses...the chassis seems a little larger than mine...but I don;t know if it weighs more or not...

I'm planning on pulling a pop up camper...about 2000 # give or take...

If I get the V6 it will be with the 6 sp manual...that will give me plenty of power...but I would like the better gas mileage of the 4...

Wondering what your thoughts are...anyone have any direct experience between the 2 4 banger engines...???

Thanx
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
They don't make 2nd gen 4 bangers in a 4wd. Unless they're starting to for the new 2011 frontiers, but I haven't heard of that. If your going to be towing at all get a v6. Trust me. I get worse gas mileage than a v6 with my 4 banger 5 speed when I race it around or drive up any incline at all or having any amount of good weight in the back. Our trucks really dont have a whole lot of power. I have some good power in my 4 banger with all the mods I have done and with how I drive the manual and race it all the time. When I race around though with it I get really bad gas mileage. You can get the rated gas mileage with the v6 more often just because you don't have to "race" it to get it on the freeway, up little hills, or pass people. I love my 4 banger, but I always wish I had the v6, however being in high school when I purchased my truck, it was all I could afford at the time. You will only get better gas mileage in the 4 cylinder if you never tow anything and always drive like a grandma.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You make some good points...
Gonna find some V6 posts...I've heard from time to time there were some
problems with the engine...not a tough as our little guys...see if I can figgure what some of the issues might have been...

thanx your time and thoughts...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts