Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly I am hoping the Australian 2006 Navara D40 has the same front suspension setup as the Frontier...

I have a 2" suspension lift all round, but the nose still sits too low for my liking. The front lift was achieved but putting in a longer coil and shock absorber.
If I were to put in a strut spacer as seen below, would I be putting too much strain on the CV joint?

Is it advisable not to do both?

Any advice on this topic would be useful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Its not advised to go beyond 2" of lift on a 4wd with stock upper control arms. If you have aftermarket arms, you may be able to use a 3" spacer. Past that you need a bracket type of lift to drop the diff to keep the CV angles correct.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
There is nothing to see below. And i;m in the same boat as you, I did a 2 inch suspension lift all around and the front is to low and the a$$ is to high. I may have to drop the rear down to a 1 inch to make it level, then do a 2 inch body lift to make it the highth that I want.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Firstly I am hoping the Australian 2006 Navara D40 has the same front suspension setup as the Frontier...

I have a 2" suspension lift all round, but the nose still sits too low for my liking. The front lift was achieved but putting in a longer coil and shock absorber.
If I were to put in a strut spacer as seen below, would I be putting too much strain on the CV joint?

Is it advisable not to do both?

Any advice on this topic would be useful.

Thanks.
Hi Tom
the Navara is very similar to the Frontier. Comoponents from the Frontier will fit on the Navara, however there are a few minor differences like if you use a Radflo shock the lower mount is slightly different and you may need a diff bolt etc.
By default the front is anywhere from 20 to 40 mm lower than the rear depending on engine, bullbar winch etc.
s the guys have said going above the 50mm mark can cause issues with Coil Bucket contact etc.The other thing to look at is that you may or may not be able to bring your camber angle back if you lift too far. I have no camber adjustment so am installing new Upper Control Arms from PRG to rectify that issue.
Getting your front end higher isnt an issue however it can start to run big bucks .Some guys are running like 6" of lift but that requires a different kit than just the front springs or strut spacers.
The last and most annoying thing to look at is where the truck is being registered as some states have whacked regulations. In the ACT you can get a full 50mm of lift before requiring engineers reports.Other states dont have anything near that strict

1 - 4 of 4 Posts