Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate ricers who run blinding hid in non projection housings and the last thing i want to be is one of them. But in my last volvo i got a hid kit for free and installed it to see what it looks like and it gave very minimal glare, jack for cut of line but didnt blind anyone. What are hids like in the frontier stock housing? Are people flashing you?

2nd....does anyone know the dimensions of the stock fog lite for an 01?

·
Registered
11 Posts
u can always adjust it lower

·
Premium Member
12,108 Posts
you can't adjust reflection in a housing with no cut off. it will still blind people.
1. its illegal
2. its cheap and gay
3. you just made fun of people for doing something that is gay. but you still want to do it?

projection housings have a cut off line for a reason. thats why where the line of light ends, its a straight line. the reasons being numbers 1 and 2.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
You know the rules for blinding people and them flashing you...you flash them back and blind 'em even more for being dumbasses.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can't adjust reflection in a housing with no cut off. it will still blind people.
1. its illegal
2. its cheap and gay
3. you just made fun of people for doing something that is gay. but you still want to do it?

projection housings have a cut off line for a reason. thats why where the line of light ends, its a straight line. the reasons being numbers 1 and 2.
Thanks for your input i know the basics of HID and its intended setup in a projector. As stated, i just wanted to know what the general consensus was of having HID in the stock housing. I know its gay, i know it gives glare and i know its not intended BUT with a little tweaking it doenst mean it cant be accomplished.

A little internet searching shows the light pattern of an HID bulb in a stock frontier halogen housing with a custom cut off shield.

·
Premium Member
12,108 Posts
oh yeah, and its still illegal.

its illegal for a reason. no matter how much you think your not blinding anyone, you are not on the receiving end of it.

i guess you would have to be run off the road by a ****ing idiot that does it first before you understand how deuche bag it is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thanks andy

·
Premium Member
12,108 Posts
sorry, but there is a massive difference between reflection and projection. and it does not work how you want it, thats why its illegal, and thats why projection housing have a cut off. so people arent blinded and want to burn down your car.

two very valid reasons for not doing it. i dont know why its even a subject to talk about. i have a really good metaphor to go with this gay little speech of mine. but its not needed because the information is so obvious.

im sorry i dont agree with you blinding people.

·
Registered
122 Posts
iv got hids. fogs and headlights. no one has ever flashed me. they wernt cheap..and i doubt they r gay. i can see great and im not bothering anyone.

·
Premium Member
12,108 Posts
reflection and projection. i really dont understand why its that hard to comprehend.
there is no way to get around how illegal it is. but yeah you win.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts