Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just bought some bfgoodrich a/t (265/70r17) for my frontier and they are a bit taller than the originals (265/65r17) so the tires are almost rubbing on the mud flaps, so I was thinking in buying some spacers on ebay but I don't know if I should go with the 2'', 2.5'' or 3''. My only concern about the 3'' is that I've read that the truck could have a lot of coil bucket contact, so I don't know if I could get rid of that contact with the 2.5'' spacers. Or defintely get the 2'' to get rid of that problem. Mine is a 2wd so I don't do much offroading. If anyone can help I would appreciate :goodjob:

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
search man. this topic has been beaten to death worse than rodney king.

if they arent rubbing you dont really have a problem, so i would see no point to do a 3" spacer. get the lowest you can find, like 1.5 or 2, then nothing to worry about at all.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
why would you run all that just to make sure your tires dont rub??? thats so much money wasted.

other people make upper control arms besides prg.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i just bought 2 in spacers because of the coil bucket contact problem people have with 3 in spacers...
2 in should bring the truck to level with the rear hopefully :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
if you're not putting anything on the back suspension, and you put on 3 inch spacers, is the truck going to be leaning??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why would you run all that just to make sure your tires dont rub??? thats so much money wasted.

other people make upper control arms besides prg.

I'm going to lift it because the truck sits 1.5 inches lower in the front, and money is not an issue I am talking about some 60 dlls spacers lol.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm going to lift it because the truck sits 1.5 inches lower in the front, and money is not an issue I am talking about some 60 dlls spacers lol.
You are right, 3" spacers are cheap, curing the CB contact (edit: with UCAs) isn't. I suspect Andy's "money wasted" comment was referring to the UCAs the other poster mentioned. UCAs are much more expensive, ie like 10x the $60 spacers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are right, 3" spacers are cheap, curing the CB contact isn't. I suspect Andy's "money wasted" comment was referring to the UCAs the other poster mentioned. UCAs are much more expensive, ie like 10x the $60 spacers.
So what would you recommend? the 2'' spacers? I am open to opinions.

·
Registered
174 Posts
if you arent rubbing now and you want to level the truck get a 1.5 or 2 inch. any more you will have a higher front end. it will also limit the chances of coil bucket contact, might still get it but not as often and not as hard. i have a 3 inch spacer and i get coil bucket contact when i hit big potholes, not terrible but a bit annoying

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
im not saying uppers are wasted money by any means.
but from the guys first post says, that his tires are to close to his mud guards. he doesnt off road really, and is 2wd.

so why would you go so far as to do a 3" spacer and uppers just to move your tires a little?
if you were wanting to go off road i would say, screw spacers, get some nice coilovers, or do a titan swap so you can get travel and perform better off road. but your not.
i understand your truck sits a little lower up front, i read the first post.
throw a 1.5in spacer and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
get the 3" nd run prg upper control arms. to avoid contact. i bought the 2" nd regret it.

What a waste of money. if you are going to spend that much you might as well get coilovers. You can get 2.0 coilover for less then a spacers/control arm.

·
Registered
185 Posts
allright thanks alot everyone I just ordered the 2'' spacers :goodjob:
i got mine in the mail yesterday, and i relized that I have no idea how to install these...f**k

i looked up videos on youtube, but they're all for the f150... is the concept pretty much the same? has anyone done a write up on how to install these?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If it is 4wd I would go no more than a 2 or 2.5

1 - 20 of 24 Posts