Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
What do you think about running the Bil 5100's at 2", with the stock coil off a pro 4x? (sorry if this is redundant but it was suggested by a local shop).
That is the intended use. The P4X coils are nearly the same as the SV coils. PRG and others recommend 1.5" setting and a spacer. This gives good springrate, good droop. You may even want to set them th 1" setting if you like a softer ride and don't have any armor or bumper

Reactions: exTacomaGuy

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That is the intended use. The P4X coils are nearly the same as the SV coils. PRG and others recommend 1.5" setting and a spacer. This gives good springrate, good droop. You may even want to set them th 1" setting if you like a softer ride and don't have any armor or bumper
Thanks for the heads up.
So the spacer would be a half inch spacer at the top of the assembly to get the full 2"? Would setting the shock at 2" be considered too stiff by most?

Thanks again for taking the time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I reread the suspension sticky and the answers are there. Thanks again!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I reread the suspension sticky and the answers are there. Thanks again!
THANK YOU!

No really, while these threads are sometimes constructive and can go more in depth than the stickies do, a lot of time it comes back to information in there.

Reactions: exTacomaGuy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at adding a two inch lift to a Pro 4x for light to moderate off road if I can stomach the price.

The guys at my local shop recommended a setup using ABR leaf springs and Bilstein 6112's. Is anyone else using this setup and do you like it? How close is the ride quality to the factory Bilsteins? Although I am mechanically inclined I don't trust myself to do the install. $2780 sound like a fair price?

Thanks again.
I just a Ready Lift 2.5 inch. and it came out great!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
THANK YOU!

No really, while these threads are sometimes constructive and can go more in depth than the stickies do, a lot of time it comes back to information in there.
Everyone has been really helpful, thanks for your patience! I plan on putting together a list of components to get further opinions on if it would be a solid build or if i'm forgetting anything. All the input form the site and group has gotten me to this point. Thanks again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks again, very helpful. I might go this rout.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Putting a longer coil on a stock shock (black body or Bil4600) would give a horrible ride and constantly top out the shock, lilely damaging it.
Just as running these coils or OME coils on a Bil5100 at any groove above the bottom would be not great.

The Bil5100 is longer, and longer travel, than a stock 4600. They are Shorter than a stock shock With a 2" tophat lift spacer.
People have been using the Bils5100 for a decade oe more with a longer coil(like the OME) or with 1.5" lift setting And 1.5" lift tophat spacer for a total of 3" lift.
With 2" or more you need an aftermarket UCA.
The 'negative' for the OME or Alldogs shock&spring is the reduced droop to prevent cbc. If you don't wheel, its not an issue. But if you wheel, droop is as important if not more than the lift. You need droop for a good ride and traction. If theres no droop, then youll always be hanging a tire or depending on the rear axle flex.
Does this mean theyre junk? Not at all. For the average driver they're a tuned kit allowing for bolt-in and go.
your comment about the ADO spring on the factory Bil 4600 is false. my truck rides no different with the lift spring on it and they don't top out. I've had the springs on my truck for about 8000 miles now. sure the 5100's may be an upgrade but don't be afraid to throw the springs on the factory 4600s. the pictures of the measurements are off of my truck. the only downside to the lift on a P4X, and it's barely a downside, but there is around a 1 1/2" rake front to back with the factory suspension with the ADO lift. we are working on a 1/2" spacer for the front to clean up the rake a bit. measurements show that i still may be able to get away with no CBC with the spacer. I'm eventually going to switch front suspension set up but since ADO is literally 5 minutes from me, i went with their RC Killa lift on my factory Bilsteins that have now 98k on them and like i said have no issues with anything for 8000 miles currently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed a 2” lift on my 19 Pro 4X with a kit from EBay. Kit cost $110 took about 2.5 hrs to put on. A cam bolt kit for $80 and an alignment. My truck rides and handles the same but looks much better. The wheels and tires are aftermarket but are stock sizes.
953B7811-102D-4BC6-AE6F-5A7B442926B7.png
E5E888CF-F941-48CA-AB62-1492893BD8A7.jpeg
60F39060-0C9B-4201-8AB4-23B25D005D4C.jpeg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I can’t remember.. are those 0 offset wheels and any rub at all before or after lift?

Man that’s a good lookin truck! Got a better look on my iPad..

·
Registered
5 Posts
The offset is 10 and if I remember correct the factory wheel offset is 16. There was just a tiny bit of rub making a sharp left while breaking before I put the lift on. Once the lift was done there hasn’t been any rub.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Ok I thought those were 0 but anyways you have the same offset I have but I have BFG KOs, little more aggressive edge being squared off. Mine rubs a little on both front inners just inside of the mud flaps., no lift yet but have 2” ready.

Stock wheels are +30 offset.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok I thought those were 0 but anyways you have the same offset I have but I have BFG KOs, little more aggressive edge being squared off. Mine rubs a little on both front inners just inside of the mud flaps., no lift yet but have 2” ready.

Stock wheels are +30 offset.
Let me know how the lift works with the BFG’s I was considering those but went with the Khumo’s instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
That does seem expensive. There are several ways to lift your truck and something along the lines of the billstein 5100s or a coil spring/shock combo that will run you alot cheaper. For comparison, I'm getting estimates right now for billstein 5100s (up to 2 inches of lift but recommended a little less) that cost 380 or so for the pair, 800 to have installed. Search around on this site and do your research there is a ton here, and you wont regret into hopping into anything sudden. There is SO much info, if you havent overwhelmed yourself you'll be disappointed by the time it's done.
Did you pull the trigger yet? I'm leaning towards 5100's and an AAL.
I've talked to a lot of shops and hear different things from all of them so it can get a bit confusing.
The last shop was trying to to convince me to get new upper control arms. Correct me if I'm wrong but that seems overkill on a 2" lift?

41 - 60 of 92 Posts