Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a pic of an 05 with the leveling kit and the fronty had 285's on it. I saw it in Four Wheeler Mag. I wanted to know if anyone has tried it yet. I wanted to know if there was rubbing or any problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes. The Stillen spacers are 2". But when installed, lifted my front end between 3 and 3 1/4". I installed longer rear shackles but they did not provide enough lift, and get in the way of the Gibson tailpipe. So Friday I'm having a local spring shop re-arch my rear springs and add a leaf for a 2 1/2 - 3" rear lift. I routinely carry a lot of weight in the topper so this will also help prevent rear sag when carrying a load and pulling our trailer. One other comment about the front spacers. The ride on smooth roads and gentle bumps is factory-like. But sudden drops or rises cause a lot of noise and a harsh response. Very annoying and takes time to get used to!

When I first put the tires on (before the lift), I had a very minor front rubbing problem on the flat part of the factory mud flaps when partially turned. I removed the front mud guards and carefully removed some of the flat area from them, and no more rubbing. Be aware these are true 33" tires and even with the spacer lift there is not a lot of extra room for the front tires (in front of and in back of the tires). I have flexed off road and there seems to be no rubbing. Just be aware mud and snow buildup will change that. The lifted truck and bigger tires look far superior to the stock!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you got pics that would be cool...

I and others would be appreciative to see how it is looking. Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We definitely need pics guy.

You said you got 3-3 1/4" of lift (in the front) after installing the front spacers. What is the final amount of lift after it settled?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts