Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent done it yet.... but been thinking about doing it. Does anyone know around how many extra ponies you can get out of it? noticeable gains in speed or take off?? will it hurt in the long run.how much people charge to do it....and would i have to change to premium gas? i have tried searching for threads but cant find them.... so if you tell me to search for other threads i will hit you in the throat!!!..lol sooo in the half shell i want to know everything!! Thanks you guys ROCK if you answer my question..lol!!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Yes its worth it. I definitly noticed a difference when I got mine done. I got mine done for free, its all how you talk to your Nissan tech and how well you know them. Other people have paid 20-50 bucks. More pep, quicker acceleration but likely a bit less mpg. Just depends on how you drive, I have a lead foot. I did not run premium gas. Go get it done!:)

Then do the airbox mod and get a dropin K&N filter! (cheap mod and a bit of gain too)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks Bro!!!!

ok now anyone around Mobile, AL that can dot it??!!...lol ide rather give someone the money that i know than a dealership :)

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
No prob. Make sure when they do it that it says 17 BTDC afterwards not 13 BTDC, my tech did it the wrong way at first. They use the Consult II to do it and it prints out a small slip. (see pic)

Airbox mod, the one I did is like post #6 in this thread--> http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/air-box-mods-3910/

Attachments

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Had it done for a half hour rate ($40?) but made no difference at all (sorry) so I was spending on premium for nothing. Get the Superchips or equivalent for the real deal.

·
Registered
346 Posts
thanks Bro!!!!

ok now anyone around Mobile, AL that can dot it??!!...lol ide rather give someone the money that i know than a dealership :)
You'll have to go to dealership, they're the only ones that can because they're the only ones that have a Consult II ;)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You'll have to go to dealership, they're the only ones that can because they're the only ones that have a Consult II ;)
Anybody with Uprev (Cipher) can do it too. I have it, but unfortunately I cant help since I'm in Texas.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Anybody with Uprev (Cipher) can do it too. I have it, but unfortunately I cant help since I'm in Texas.
Oh yeah lol I forgot about cipher :?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
When I did my advance it did produce some good results. There is more pep off the line. I also run 89 all the time so I didn't have to upgrade my gas.

I was able to talk Will at WRP into shipping me his Cipher for a week or two. It hooked up me and my buddy Kenton86. Total cost was about 6 bucks which was the cost to ship it back.

For 20 or less, its worth it. For 50, its not, just keep looking.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
just be careful. i was running 87, but had to upgrade to 89 due to somemild, intermittent pinging while under load. just something to keep in mind

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!!! you have been a ton of help, i will keep my fingers crossed maybe i will find someone that has a uprev cipher that i can just pay $20 to do it.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Check out this site... you can find people in your area to do if for you too.

The 2 Degree Advance

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts