Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking and have not found much on the 2" DIY body lift I thought I saw somewhere. Has anyone done this to their truck? If so how?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Sorry to get off topic but is there a place one can buy just the blocks and longer bolts? since none of that other junk is needed for only 2 inches.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Looks like a pain. Now the 2" doesn't need all the relocation stuff correct?
There are members on here who have installed the kit without all the extensions and rad drop however if you want to do it the right way they should be put on.

You will however need at least the front bumper relocation brackets and, if you desire, the rear as well. Otherwise, you will have gaps between the bumpers and the body since they're mounted to the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Looks like a pain. Now the 2" doesn't need all the relocation stuff correct?

not all of it, but any body lift can be a little complicated. just plan a good bit of time to get it all done and try to follow that write up i posted a link to. i followed it doing my 3" and everything went pretty smooth. it did take 15hrs to do solo however.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow did you just use a coulpe of jacks to lift the body?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am still interested in the relocation, if it says to do it how can they get away without it? If the radiator is blocked and located where air can't get to it the truck would not cool correct, that is if the radiator is effected by the lift of coarse.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The relocation brackets are used to put all the pieces back into the OEM positions. This goes for the bumpers, shifters and radiator.

If you are only doing the 2" then non of these are required. All the hoses will reach where needed and most items will be okay. You will have to reach a little more for the shifter and such but that is about it.

The main reason to move the radiator is that the hoses are stretched and the bottom is no longer protected. Now if you add a skid or something, then you should be good. The radiator relo isn't the hard part thou, it is the bumpers and shifters.

I have to admit thou, if I chose to do a BL, then I would follow the directions to the key. Its one of those things that I would do exact or not at all. I'm a street truck so I doubt I will ever do a BL thou, lol.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
The radiator is mounted to the body on your truck, the motor, to the frame. When you do a body lift the radiator moves up and the fan on the motor that cools it, stays where it is. The radiator shroud is also connected to the body therefore the lower half needs to be removed or else it would be in the fan. if you did not relocate your radiator, it may not cool your engine as well because of a combination of these two things. with a 2 inch it isn't as bad so this really isn't needed.

Or you could just do an E-fan and gain power while not having to worry about relocating your radiator at all.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok making sense now so I wasn't thinking wrong. If the 2" lifts are better why are the 3" lifts more popular? Just because it is an extra inch?

·
Registered
62 Posts
probably so. In my eyes i see it as less atractive...haha im too lazy to do the 3 inch. I may just pay my bro with a couple cases of beer and help him. We'll see when i get back. When we do it though, it will be done right. I wont be cutting corners to save time. My advice would be the same. I've seen people put body lifts on their trucks without relocating some things and wound up with a much more expensive problem on their hand if they would have just taken the time to relocate some things they most likely wouldnt have had any problems.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One of those thing coners can't be cut on for sure take the time save the headache

·
Registered
463 Posts
I know the answer is in a post somewhere on here, but I cant find it. How do you remove the lower fan shroud? I didnt have very good lighting when I looked but it looks like alot of components might need to be removed to get to it. I remember reading a post saying it takes about 45 seconds!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts