Votes: 31 66.0%
  • no

Votes: 16 34.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was debating on getting the 2" bl by 4x4parts but i dont know if it is really worth all the trouble. so i have been weighing out the pros and cons. i really want more space in between the tire and fenders and i like that its cheap. the cons being, relocating some stuff and the gaps everywhere. i just want to know what people think about it. is it worth it and any problems? comments....

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
dude its pretty easy if you dont mind the frame showin go for it youve seen mine it aint that bad :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now the 2", i dont have to relocate or extend anything do i?

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
now the 2", i dont have to relocate or extend anything do i?
maybe the upper radiator hose lol and the kit comes with the front bumper relocation brackets and we could make you a piece of steel to cover the back bumper gap like mine

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,334 Posts
people that say its not worth it have spent money on drop bracket lifts for better clearance. those arent worth it, imo. if you just need a little more clearance for mild wheeling, then the 2" BL is perfect. I made my own for $60 CDN and it was easy to install. Bumper needs relocated - thats it

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Go for it!.. Not into showin' that much frame but I have the luxury of spindles.

Keeping an extra 2" of your grille outta the mud pit is a plus too! :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
body lift? I do not get it, you don't get clearance, waste of time and money.

Lift the truck from the suspenssion, get more clearance, make it worth the dough and time.

you asked so I went ahead and said it, I don't usually tell people body lift is no good if they don't ask because I have noticed so many people in here are so sensitive about it. But seriously, since you opened the can so to speak, my god why would you do a body lift ever!!!! ???? maybe I'm missing something but every time I hear a reason it sounds half baked and backwards.

clairify: If you want more space at the fenders you want to do susspension, and replace fenders, take a look at terribles truck.
Body lift to get more clearance at fenders is a waste if you do not produce more travel!

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Body lift to get more clearance at fenders is a waste if you do not produce more travel!
Unless he want's to do it purely for looks, because not all of us here think that since we have a truck it has to go off road, myself included.

It's also a good way to get the body a little further away from the rocks, which would be nice if he doesn't have sliders (according to his sig, he doesn't). Otherwise, I pretty much agree with you on everything else.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Also allows bigger tires. Which in a 4x4's case its more work to lift the truck so a body lift isnt a bad option for that extra clearance.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i think it is worth it, but i would make your own have to do about 20min. max of recon to find out what you will need and you will save a boat load of $$$$$$

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah I'm eventually going to do a 2" on my truck but will definitely make it myself. Especially since I'm making a new bumper. No issue with brackets then.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Unless he want's to do it purely for looks, because not all of us here think that since we have a truck it has to go off road, myself included.

It's also a good way to get the body a little further away from the rocks, which would be nice if he doesn't have sliders (according to his sig, he doesn't). Otherwise, I pretty much agree with you on everything else.
Ahh, you got me there I never thought of "purely for looks" Kind of like those big wheels everyone is using now days. Ok, I'm down with that, it would open up the wheel well space and give a "look"

Clearance wise why not lift the whole thing? I mean in reference to a Body lift if you did all that work only to smash a diff? Plus BL is bringing the center of gravity up faster. I do see some brush clearance could be had though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
True... I prefer proper lifting but a BL is super cheap. So if youve exhausted options or are on a budget and want room for bigger tires.

Although if your throwing out 1k for tires you can afford suspension.

In my case I'm going to do body lift for partial look and partially for more wheel well clearance. But I'm doing it after Ive exhausted most suspension options available to me.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Doing a 2" body makes more since then doing a 2" spacer lift. At least with a body you don't reduce your suspension travel.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Doing a 2" body makes more since then doing a 2" spacer lift. At least with a body you don't reduce your suspension travel.
yes..

and it depends on how you wheel.. the way I wheel body lift are a huge no-no.. It means broken body mounts.. but then so are drop diffs... but lucky 2gens can fit larger tries with out moving the cab back on the frame.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Pros and cons to both IMO, but as mbvw2.8l said, it will give you ground clearance by allowing bigger tires to be installed. The issue with the suspension route is alignment problems. Almost everyone I know who has done an aggressive suspension lift has problems with this. A good alignment tech can fix this, but they are few and far between. Most of these guys only know how to tweak the factory stuff.....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so it looks like it is 50/50 on the bl. i already have the 3" spacer kit with 33s but i just wanted to get the bl for mostly just looks. i dont do a whole lot of wheeling because everytime i do, i seem to do something to my truck.
if your going for looks--yes
if your do a lot of wheeling--no

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Pros and cons to both IMO, but as mbvw2.8l said, it will give you ground clearance by allowing bigger tires to be installed. The issue with the suspension route is alignment problems. Almost everyone I know who has done an aggressive suspension lift has problems with this. A good alignment tech can fix this, but they are few and far between. Most of these guys only know how to tweak the factory stuff.....
if your an 05 you have longer cam bolts, if your above that you just need to replace your cam bolts and alignment shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.