Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your opinion on which material is should pick for my planned body lift for my 2 gen. Frontier.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Frontier4x. When did you install your kit?

I read this in one of the kits' product description.

"These UHMW pucks have rounded edges and flat top and bottom surfaces for even weight distribution and the most contact area to your body and frame mounts.

Other cast plastic pucks on the market are hollow and have rough edges which can cause damage and blow through your body."

·
Registered
460 Posts
I installed mine around this time last year. Took me a very rough four days. The pucks are mostly hollow, but the surface areas of the body and frame that extends across the triangular hollow spaces are too small to be "blown through". The puchs are cylindrical, with a design inside that resembles a mercedes symbol to support the load. Also remember that your truck has roughly 14 body mounts, so 5000 pounds spread across that load is well within the tolerances of most spacers

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I just hate it when my body gets blown through

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Skibane and Zedbra.

I found this guy who sells the 2" UHMW pucks with bolts for $140 shipped or $160 shipped with metal blocks and bolots fir bed support. Another seller wants $170 for the 4x4 parts 2" lift kit. I'm trying to figure out which material will perform better.

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
I'm trying to figure out which material will perform better.
I think you're overthinking it... it's just a spacer. Either choice you mentioned should be just fine after the responses above, personally I'd go for the more finished, solid ones myself... that $10 difference is trivial. Post pics when you decide, I've researched this subject a lot lately too but I haven't committed yet heh ::wink::

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided to go with the 4x4 parts kit. I received the kit on Wednesday and I am planning to get it installed next Sunday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts