Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to order a 2" body lift to go with my 3" suspension i already have installed. My question is will i have to extend any lines if i install this?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
i didn't have to do anything with my 3" spacer + 2" body lift. My brake lines have enough slack. Rear is lifted 2" with shackles. There are some brackets and harness clips you'll disconnect with the body lift to allow the wiring some slack.

·
Registered
463 Posts
^ditto!

Check out the DIY 2" body lift thread and it will explain step by step on what clips need to be disconnected.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,888 Posts
i have long travel rear shocks with my 3" suspension lift and i needed longer brake lines. as for the bl - unclip a few things and you're good to go. don't forget the lower fan shroud news pulled off!

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
i have long travel rear shocks with my 3" suspension lift and i needed longer brake lines. as for the bl - unclip a few things and you're good to go. don't forget the lower fan shroud news pulled off!
Yes, there are a fedw things to unclip so don't forget. I had things pull out on their own, and I only did a 1".

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
When you get the 4x4parts package, don't be confused by the 50 pieces you aren't going to use.

This is pretty much everything that is in the box that you are going to use, except for maybe 2 other nuts and bolts not pictured and not the 2 little brackets.
Also, while you may not HAVE to replace it, I would swap out the upper radiator hose for a longer or flexible one. Mine is on there but it is pretty stretched, I am swapping it tomorrow.
Taking off all those body bolts has pushed me to getting some air tools, it was horrible to do with wrenches. ESPECIALLY the crash bar.
Oh and those 2x2 blocks are perfect for pulling bed support duty. I used 2 for the skid plate and then 4 of those for my bed supports, worked perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
thanks for the link
but what about the rear bumper
to raise the rear you have to cut and weld the brackets 2" higher theres a thread somewhere on the site with pics of a fabricator doing it but i cant find it

·
Registered
182 Posts
i thought i seen somewhere that there was a kit for it
but i cant find it now

i would like to see some picts of the back bumper with the body lift
just to see what it looks like

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
nope no kit for it heres a pic of the gap

i just put a piece of steel in it to cover the gap because i didnt wanna mess with moving the hitch

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
ill measure for ya in the mornin but all i did was measure the width and how tall i wanted it i had to drill a 2 holes one on each side in the bed i think but in the middle theres holes where the spare tire sleve thing is and just used carriage bolts for a clean look with the round heads worked great for a cover up

·
Registered
622 Posts
When you get the 4x4parts package, don't be confused by the 50 pieces you aren't going to use.

Taking off all those body bolts has pushed me to getting some air tools, it was horrible to do with wrenches. ESPECIALLY the crash bar.
What do you mean by the crash bar? What else comes in the kit that you won't use? Thanks for your insight BTW!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
A little off topic but i'm planning on doing the DIY 2" Body lift on my 2010, Will this front bumper bracket work or do i need a different one? I thought i remember someone saying their mounted differently on the 09/10's

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
What do you mean by the crash bar? What else comes in the kit that you won't use? Thanks for your insight BTW!!
The steel bar behind the bumper cover that has to be relocated with the brackets.
There are a bunch of those 2"x2" cubes that you won't use, there are a couple 2"x3" blocks you won't use as well. Some brackets, bolts and washers left over too.
I believe it is the general consensus that they package some stuff for the 3" lift which is why there is so much left over. The instructions are awful because they tell you to remove a ton of things NOT associated with the 2" lift. I followed these threads:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/4x4-parts-2-bl-install-questions-48380/
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/2-bl-le-38764/
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/diy-2-body-lift-w-pics-44907/
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/diy-2-body-lift-19685/
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/q-how-remove-front-bumper-cover-le-51883/

As you can see in the pic, I had my garage laptop open with these threads and had absolutely no problems with anything.
I can take a picture of what I have left over if you would like, so you can get an idea.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I put a 4x4 body lift on last night and after looking at the directions once I threw them away. They are completely useless and have you doing crap that you don't need to do. I also had all that stuff left over. I used 6 of the 2x2" squares 4 as bed stiffeners and 2 for the skid plate.

As for the install itself. Spray the bed bolts with PB blaster. The cab bolts came right out and had anti-seeze on them and the rears felt like they had loctite. We broke a bed bolt and had to drill it out other then that it's a piece of cake and looks great.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts