Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off i bought the 4x4 parts 2" body lift and i read the instructions and then threw them out because they are worthless . ok here what i did and made it a lot easier for me , so i hope it makes it easy for you . here is the picture of what was in the box , and i didn't use a lot of it so they are wasting there time putting in the box .

so first i pre lubed every bolt on the body and some of the other bolts on the rail by the driver front wheel well i had to disconnect the bracket holding on the brake lines , here is the picture of the lubed parts

these are just the body mounts. so i removed all of the body mount 6 on each side 3 for the bed and 3 for the body .
the directions said to remove the wire clipped on the rear bumper i did not need to and it also said remove the skrews on fire wall for the ac line here is the picture of what i did not disconnect

it also said to remove the lower shaft to rack and pinion. i did not , i only loosened the blot for the steering shaft thats it, heres the picture ,

like i said just the bolt in the picture that is all i loosened and the after the lift i re thightened it .
next i removed the bumper and installed the relocation brackets.

first remove the valance .

i threw this away i don't need it and if you are going to run bigger tire you'll need to trim this anyway .

remove this screw 1 on the left and right.

then remove the screws behind the bumper near the fog light wire one on each side . "disconnect the fog light wires on both sides"
then remove the grill , a few black tabs on the top and inside and it'll come off

then romve the last two bolts on the top of front bumper here the picture.

then remove the crash bumper here the picture .

remove bolts where the arrows are on pass. and drivers side. on back of the bumper remove some on the metal to make it fit . here the picture .

i did this on both sides . after you install the bumper relocation brackets mock it up and mark the spots to cut on both sides , and cut .

heres the picture for the bumper brackets installed .

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so now remove the power steering res from the bracket take the bracket off and cut it like this .

now take the 2"x2" the 1 with the 3 holes in it and weld it to the bracket or bolt it either way will work , but mock it up to see where it will sit with the res on it. i just welding in on in the place i wanted it to be cuz i broke the bolt off in the hole but it it suppose to bolt like this.

unclip the gas lines from the drivers side rail behind the wheel well cover .

unclip the wiring harness under the power steering res bottle there should be 2 of them to unclip from the body .
unclip the brake lines from the back fire above the ac lines .

it said to remove the gas filler from the body i did not but you can if you want too .
it also said to remove a few grounding straps i did not do this either .
disconnect the wire harness clip from drivers side fender to the abs sensor and remove the bolts on the frame rail that hold the brake lines to the frame , you have to do this on both sides.
it also said to remove the hoses and drain the coolant i did not do this and i also did not replace the top hose either but i will for a longer one.
un clip the axle vent tube from the body .
un snap the lower radiator shroud .
remove your intake box or cold air intake tube .
remove battery .

ok now putting it back together
so either lift it with blocks and a jack or some friends .
pass side first place the lift blocks like in this picture and hand tighten the bolts don't forget to use the old large metal washers for the reart 2 bolts on the cab the very front s did not have any .

now do the same for the drivers side and hand tighten .
now the bed lift the bed and place the lift blocks and hand tighten. like this .

now take a 2"x2" on both sides of the bed and place between the bed and the frame like this .

sorry the 1 pic is dark , so you can bolt it or weld it i welded it to the bed not the frame and left the rubber grommet on the frame.
on the back by the bumper i had to unclip the wires 1 on each side you see what i mean not a big deal i really didn't need to but i did anyway cuz it was tight .
now it stated that i have to relocate the radiator up a little but i did not do this i still have the brackets but i really do't think i need to any opinions on this would be awesome , heres the truck finished . now i need tires .

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Looks good!!! Theres alot more to that than I thought.

I love the flame job!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good.
When I did the DIY 2" BL a couple year ago I didn't have to touch the power steering bracket, I wonder why the kit had you do that.
you know what after i already took it off and cut it i realized i didnt have too so i just welding the block to it and welding it to the body no big deal

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it took me 2 hrs with help but i really didn't need help just remember don't cut the steering res bracket no need to, and if you need any help let me know . just keep spraying the bolts all week til you do it . you'll thanks me later . you will have no problems getting them off , but it will make it real easy to do it . like i said if you run into any problems you can call me . i'll give you my number .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome write up. I ordered my 2" BL from 4x4 as well and when I received the instructions I sat back and was like are you kidding me. I'm not a pro at this but it seems a bit involved if you were to follow that they gave you.

Anyways, I wanted to thank you for this write up. I printed it off and took it with me to do my install and it worked out great! Unfortunately, I didn't read down far enough because I also cut the power steering res bracket. Oh well....

The only problem I ran into was when doing the bed of my truck there is what seems to be a worthless line (almost looks like a ground of some sort but I have no clue as it goes from somewhere stupid to somewhere even stupider) and it snapped when lifting the back.

The only thing I don't like about the final product is the GIANT gap between the rear bumper and the tailgate so what I'm going to do is actually get a piece of sheet metal, cut it so size, drill three holes (one big in the center and two small and relocate the tube for the spare tire and weld this new bracket on and then plasti-dip it.

Otherwise, it was easy and your way was definately better than following the instructions.

Did you have extra parts from the kit left over when you were done?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i had a lot of extra 2x2's and a few other things . i thought the instructions were useless lol.
but yeah the gap cover idea will work good i didn't bother to cover it cuz i have plans to build a bumper . and i am doing it soon, i have all the metal i just gotta do it now . i thought the lift was really easy the way i did it . funny that you cut the rez bracket i did the same thing .lol

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Do you remember what torque you put on the body/bed bolts? I've been wanting to check my bolts but I can't remember how tight they are supposed to be.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually i torque to specs which was 25 -32lbs

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great write up! I got mine in the mail yesterday gonna put it on sunday. thanks for the heads up on the power steering bracket. Will not be cuttin mine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
First off... thanks for the detailed write-up on the body lift install!
It probably took you longer to process the pictures than it did to install the kit :p

What I was wondering was: When ordering the kit from 4x4Parts for a King Cab, did you order the long-bed or short-bed version?
I was thinking as the kit is "designed" for the CC, our KCs would fall into the "long-bed" category.

Thanks,
-Mark in CT

PS: now that I think about it... the KC is the "long bed".
I just seem to have it in my head that anything shorter the 8feet is a "short bed" :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
hidden bolts???

???Looks like from the photos I [MUST] remove the front bumper and grill before lifting the cab because of 2 bolts hidden forward of the front body mount bolts?
I was thinking I could raise the body today and just leave the front bumper attached and then raise the front bumper later..

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,467 Posts
Old thread I know, but it wouldn't be possible to get some pictures back in this thread would it? Would be extremely useful soon.
honestly, it is very simple. Unclip: the rear licence plate lights, the ABS lines, and take off the lower radiator shroud (takes 30 seconds). Loosen bolts, lift body/bed, slide pucks in, insert longer bolts (use Never Cease first).

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thanks. AC lift came in the mail today. From what I'm reading on how easy this is supposed to be, I may just try and tackle it tonight when I get home. It's going to be sooo hard to wait till the weekend. Wish me luck!
Also, Zedbra, when you say unclip the abs lines, do you mean to actually unplug the connectors, or just unhook the wires from those little brackets that hold them in place? My experience from my recent suspension lift, was those connectors were a PITA to get unplugged.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.