Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,040 Posts

that being said, i am getting a bumper with an integrated hitch soon. this will mean that my spare tire will scrape when going through some of the waterbars i travel across.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You are barely getting away with that. No other color could pull that off. IMO this is a big down fall to BL. I would have on but chose suspension lift due to this reason. Whats up with the front? How did you raise the front bumper? Or was that left as is also?

·
Rogue Admin
14,040 Posts
You are barely getting away with that. No other color could pull that off. IMO this is a big down fall to BL. I would have on but chose suspension lift due to this reason. Whats up with the front? How did you raise the front bumper? Or was that left as is also?
mine is an LE - so it looks completely stock. i wasn't a huge fan of adding a bl, but with how low this truck sits on the frame and the limited options for suspension lifts, if you go off-road at all, then the 2" of BL sure helps for tire clearance and saving the body panels.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
mine is an LE - so it looks completely stock. i wasn't a huge fan of adding a bl, but with how low this truck sits on the frame and the limited options for suspension lifts, if you go off-road at all, then the 2" of BL sure helps for tire clearance and saving the body panels.
No, I agree. It is fuctional. Its just sucks no one make some kind of bolt on bracket, to move your bumper up.

·
Rogue Admin
14,040 Posts
No, I agree. It is fuctional. Its just sucks no one make some kind of bolt on bracket, to move your bumper up.
well, the stock rear bumper isn't worth saving imo - its made from tinfoil. giving me the excuse to buy custom! (will be done soon)

jordo - your avatar is really something else....:laugh:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hahahaha! I'm trying to out do big beef! My chick is way nastier then his! I would even bet that mine started life as a man! Cuz that's as ugly as it gets!

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I have a piece of lawn edging in mine. I might paint it silver to match, and also get a light strip that will fill in some of the gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does anyone else have any other pics of a 2" BL and the rear bumper from the side? this is the only thing i'm hung up with about the body lift right now...

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
here's one of a 2" body lift from the side. Rear bumper is not raised.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
with mine I brought my bumper to a somewhat local fab guy and got the bumper moved up 2". Honestly the hitch dosenent look all that outa place. When and if I can I'll post some pics of it (i'm computer retarded when posting pics)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
So if it is the LE...does that mean you have the one piece front bumper? How does the body lift work with them? Pics?

·
Registered
98 Posts
here's one of a 2" body lift from the side. Rear bumper is not raised.

Thats not too bad at all, your setup is very similar to mine as far as lift and tire size. looks good! Are you happy with the bumper where it is or does it look out of place/ too low?

...and a pic with the bumper raised and hitch reciever would be great if you can figure out how to get it on the computer!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
the bumper isn't raised, but I'll try to remember to take a pic of the rear tomorrow and post it up.

I'll eventually go with an aftermarket rear bumper with built in hitch, so I didn't waste any time or effort to raise the rear bumper.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I moved my rear bumper up only 1". This way it is even between the bottom of the tailgate and the hitch. I did this by unbolting the bumper from the bumper support and put 1" spacers (thick washers from Home Depot) between them. I will try and get some good pix this weekend to post.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Is there any reason why no company makes a BL that includes bumper brackets for our trucks? When I did the BL on my S10, it came with everything including front and rear bumper brackets.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts