Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of how the radiator drop down bracket is supposed to mount with a 2"Bl. I am almost compltetly done with the lift besides the radiator.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I have heard that its not necessary if you dont go beyond 2 inches. maybe some one else can confirm this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have heard that its not necessary if you dont go beyond 2 inches. maybe some one else can confirm this.
Correct. I have a 3" body lift and did not use the drop down brackets. The truck has seen days where it is 110+ out and handled it well. The bottom of the fan shroud will have to be removed and the upper radiator hose was replaced with a longer one to fill the gap.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Correct. I have a 3" body lift and did not use the drop down brackets. The truck has seen days where it is 110+ out and handled it well. The bottom of the fan shroud will have to be removed and the upper radiator hose was replaced with a longer one to fill the gap.
x2 ... 3" BL with a longer upper hose.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I run the 2" bl and didn't do the radiator relocation. The stock upper hose is just long enough to reach, but i did have to remove the lower part of the fan shroud(which just clips on).

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
if you want to lower the radiator , i believe you have to cut a portion of the existing piece that the radiator sits then use the blocks provided with the lift

its been a while since i helped a guy with the bodylift so i cant remeber exactly how it was done

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I got the radiator taken care of. I had to cut away at the front of the body to clear the radiator. No problems there anymore. Now Im having problems with the airbox, I cannot get it all back together. It seems like the mass air hose is too short now.

On top of these last few problems, I would like to take a sec and say that 4x4parts.com, or auto customizers, is the worst company ive done business with. They held my kit for three weeks after i had paid for it. They were extremely slow to get back to me on the progress of the order. 2, the kit is the biggest piece of **** ive ever seen. Nothing fits, nothing lines up, I had to completley re-do the body mounts for the bed. The extra bumper brackets I bought for the front bumber arent even close. All the hardware is galvinized and im sure it will all rust in a few months. Some bolts are too long, others too short and others dont have the right threads.

Someone might say its probably me, and that I just cant figure it out. That may be the truth, but I do have a knowledge of things in the automotive world. I haverebuilt my own engines before and ran them for thousands of more miles. I know what im doing and I cant believe what Ive gotten myself into.

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
I've heard a few people who aren't fans of 4x4 parts, but as Nissan owners who don't have a big aftermarket we have to take our chances sometimes. Aaron and I originally ordered the 2" BL for the truck through them..they sent it to OR :wtf: AZ does not equal OR :comphead: We ended up telling them to refund us our money and Aaron did a custom body lift that cost way less in the end.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats awsome you made your own. I guess it would be very simple. Most everything that came in the kit wouldnt be hard to fab or find somewhere else.
I ordered my nismo cat back from them, and got it quick and it was a pretty easy, and quality install. Im sure there are guys who have gotten this same kit and have had problems. I ended up with half the kit left when I finished the truck. I either didnt need some of the parts or there was just no way they were going in.
I did just get it all back together besides the bumpers, and I have to say it turned out better than I expected.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I dont believe AC makes their body lifts.

But yes getting a set of 2 inch blocks and longer bolts is cheaper and easier. besides, none of that other stuff is really needed besides some bumper relocation brackets.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are the close to final pics. I dont have the bumpers relocated or mounted yet, but all other components are finished. It turned out better than I thought.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Looks Good...nice job keeping your truck clean.
Are you putting gap covers on it?

Make sure you go back in a couple weeks and re-tighten all your bolts because they stretch and loosen up a bit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, ill put gap covers on but is there anywhere else or any way else to get covers besides from 4x4.com? I am never going back there again. Does home depot have something I can cut and fit myself?

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I got some heavy duty I think 1/4" rubber mat from McMaster Carr....actually, my buddy got a bunch of it for his machine shop and I got the left overs. I still don have it on but its fairly easy to cut with an exacto knife and I plan on just cutting a general shape and putting it on with washers and self tapping screws. I cut a small piece off and held it to my exhaust manifold...did smoke a little after a few minutes im not gonna lie but I think it will be fine

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got the 2" lift kit from AC a few months ago and yea, it was a hot piece of trash. Same thing, wrong length bolts (had to buy my own), useless instructions, etc. So f-ing wrong. Looking back I'd rather have DIY and pieced the parts together, would've been cheaper and easier. AC has lost my buisness unless for some reason they are the only ones to stock what I need, and I don't see that happening.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts