Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,094 Posts
If you’re talking about spacer lifts, whichever one is cheaper. Don’t forget the camber bolts & alignment. Might also budget for upper control arms to stop coil bucket contact.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the Z1 website, they recommend to replace the Upper Control Arms, because it will notice contact between the arms and the coil spring bucket at full droop, I'm not a off-roading person, I just want to put bigger tires (285/70R17) for a better look of the truck, do you think It's going to work leaving the originals Upper Control Arms? I don't want to spend so much money, thank you.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,094 Posts
In the Z1 website, they recommend to replace the Upper Control Arms, because it will notice contact between the arms and the coil spring bucket at full droop, I'm not a off-roading person, I just want to put bigger tires (285/70R17) for a better look of the truck, do you think It's going to work leaving the originals Upper Control Arms? I don't want to spend so much money, thank you.
It’ll work if you can live with it. You don’t have to off-road to hear & feel two solid pieces of steel knocking together. Speed bumps, potholes, any sudden bump that forces the suspension to rebound can produce CBC.

Reactions: Eurow

·
Registered
74 Posts
It’ll work if you can live with it. You don’t have to off-road to hear & feel two solid pieces of steel knocking together. Speed bumps, potholes, any sudden bump that forces the suspension to rebound can produce CBC.
Agree completely. I went with the RC 2.5 lift and I definitely like the stance and look however I do notice the CBC more often than I expected to given my mostly on-road driving. IF I could do it over I would have opted for the upgraded UCA and may still do this at some point when my money tree bares fruit again 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
66 Posts
Check out the RC Killa kit from All Dogs Off-road. I got it on mine, it's about a 2" lift. No CBC because it's not a spacer lift, and only a bit more expensive than spacers. Probably still cheaper than spacers and new control arms.
I read some of the reviews on that kit, that you still do need new UCAs because of contact. Is that true?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The parts were like $460 if I remember correctly, with labor around $600. So about 1k total. I also got 33s put on at the same time so I don't remember the exact itemized details. Definitely get the camber bolts too if you go this route, they were pretty cheap on the ADO website with the kit.

Not sure about the warranty, but from what I understand it won't void anything unrelated to those parts. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts