Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finaly happened, my fronty has a leaking pinion seal and a loose drive shaft. So at 26,000 miles it will go to ABC Nissan tomorow for its first trip to the dealer. I have done all of the work to the truck myself so far, and I'm a little worried about letting someone else tinker with her. I also mentioned the loose front seats so they will take a look at that as well. Anyone have any other TSB's that I should have them look at while I'm there? I don't have the timeing chain noise yet so that's out.

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts
Ask if there are any recalls that affect your truck.

Clint

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got off the phone with ABC. They said that the pinion seal has been replaced, but that the play in the drive line is normal. I asked if they had test driven the truck. They had not. I told the guy he had better test drive the truck before calling me to come and get it. If I have to pull my truck up next to a new frontier on their lot and show that joker the difference I will. Why is it that when I bring a vehicle in that is not under waranty they will dig and dig until they find a problem they can charge for, but when I bring a vehicle in for waranty work they slap a bandaid on the problem and tell me all is well? Do they realy want to wait until I bring it back leaking again and find out that the trans or rear end are junk? Seems to me an ounce of prevention would be in order, to make a pound of cure unecessary.:thatswck:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm not super happy with the outcome. They only replaced the pinion seal. Nothing else. Service guy told me that all Frontiers have "play" in the drive line. Bullshit. Even my 93 Pathfinder has less slop than the Frontier has right now. No action taken on the loose front seats, could not replicate. The pass seat shakes like a crackhead, and continued to do so all the way home. Lesson learned. This will be my last new vehicle. No need for a waranty if this is how they do buisness. I will always be a Nissan guy, but from now on I will just do what I have done with the Pathfinder, buy used and fix whatever needs fixin myself.:thatswck:

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've got driveline play, or rear differential, (nismo rear lockers model)...

Agreed though, dealership service is SHI*.

"you're truck's FINE really come get it man!"

"runs great, eh??"

"heck yeah she's a beaut!"

*driving from dealership...* clank, clank, click click grind...

"did you drive this truck before giving it back to me?"

"No, sir, we haven't test driven your truck, bring er back if ya can get it to us and we'll figure it out for ya!...here, for a loaner you can drive this 04 altima with 170k miles. get back with u soon!"

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I know, the guy actualy tried to explain that if someone had moved the seat on its tracks, it might feel loose until it clicked into place. REALY? Do i have a huge set of tittys that makes you think that I know nothing about mechanical things? Douche. Meanwhile on the ride home the pass seat is over there, shaking, mocking me.Asshat.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well it finaly happened, my fronty has a leaking pinion seal and a loose drive shaft. So at 26,000 miles it will go to ABC Nissan tomorow for its first trip to the dealer. I have done all of the work to the truck myself so far, and I'm a little worried about letting someone else tinker with her. I also mentioned the loose front seats so they will take a look at that as well. Anyone have any other TSB's that I should have them look at while I'm there? I don't have the timeing chain noise yet so that's out.
I have an 06 with 27K drive shaft just as tight as when I bought it.

Never had a rattle in the past the hood has squeaked from time to time. Dealership took care of that problem.

Sorry your having problems, best of luck.

·
Registered
637 Posts
ABC Nissan, I'm not surprised.
So they did not mention a D/S seat TSB?
What is the TSB for the drivers seat? I have an 09 and my seat feels like it is loose. If I rock back and forth I can feel/hear it clunking. Its pretty annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
REALY? Do i have a huge set of tittys that makes you think that I know nothing about mechanical things? Douche.

:(

I think you can be an idiot without having a set of tits. Trust me.

·
Registered
816 Posts
What is the TSB for the drivers seat? I have an 09 and my seat feels like it is loose. If I rock back and forth I can feel/hear it clunking. Its pretty annoying.
Sorry about that, it was a typo. I recall a TSB for the Passenger side, not Driver's and it would be for '05s and maybe '06s. I'll see what I can find, you could also search for yourself too. Again, sorry about the confusion.

edit... 1st TSB Passenger Side, next two for Driver's Side (Power Seat)
Source used was nissanhelp.c0m

NTB05-092
2004-2006 NISSAN ARMADA, TITAN, 2005-2006 FRONTIER, PATHFINDER, XTERRA; RIGHT FRONT SEAT BACK ASSEMBLY RATTLES AND EXCESSIVE SIDE-TO-SIDE MOVEMENT
An unoccupied front passenger seat back rattles and moves side-to-side when driving
• Over speed bumps at 5 mph or above
• On bumpy roads at 15 mph or above

NTB05-010a
-REVISED-
VARIOUS NISSAN MODELS; NOISE FROM DRIVER’S POWER SEAT LIFTER
The driver’s power seat makes a popping or clicking noise when using the seat lifter

NTB05-105a (New)
-REVISED-
VARIOUS NISSAN MODELS; FRONT POWER SEAT NO OR IMPROPER FORWARD / BACKWARD MOVEMENT
The seat slide motor or gear assembly needs to be replaced for any reason

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think you can be an idiot without having a set of tits. Trust me.
I was making a statement about the way women are treated at shops/dealers, not about women. I have taken the time to teach my girlfriend about mechanical things because I was tired of taking her car back to where it was serviced in order to get things taken care of right. They see tits and think they can either talk her into something that she does not need, or try to tell her something is O.K. when it is not. My favorite was when she took her car to Discount tire to get two new tires. The guy she was dealing with sold her two tires of a different size than what came on the car. When I showed up, it turned out they had the correct size in stock, and at a lower price. He had two left over tires that had been sitting on the shelf and thought he could push them on her because she had no idea what the size difference meant. I in no way think that women can't be much smarter than men when it comes to mechanical things. I just know that not all men share this ideal, and some are out to take advantage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts