Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just filled up for the 1st time ($1.60 gal) and checked mileage, 80% town, 20% hwy and I got 19.4. I'm pleased with that. ::laugh::

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Every time I see these threads I get a bit depressed about how cheap gas is for you guys. And then I remember how hard the guys in BC get shafted and feel better.

That's decent milage though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every time I see these threads I get a bit depressed about how cheap gas is for you guys. And then I remember how hard the guys in BC get shafted and feel better.

It's not normally that low, a new gas station just opened up today so there is a "gas war" going on right now.
It won't last long.

·
Registered
504 Posts

Actually, I was listening to a news story on the way to work this morning talking about how our low gas prices here in the USA is very bad it is for Canada.

Just filled up for the 1st time ($1.60 gal) and checked mileage, 80% town, 20% hwy and I got 19.4. I'm pleased with that. ::laugh::
With my 2013 I'm more the reverse i.e. 80 highway and 20 town. I get 20 to 21 in the summer (will change shortly when they switch to winter blend gas). But as with other vehicles I've had doing this same drive, I've found the MPG actually improves a bit after the truck has a few more miles on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've gotten as good as 26 mpg in some extreme cases highway only at ~70mph with a 2016 pro4x 6sp, but generally around 18-20

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice truck, lowetec.

I get just over 21 mpg, highway only.

Hey, how do you like your Casita? Do you tow it with your Frontier? I have a 2015 17' Casita SD and tow it with my new Frontier 4L 4x4 crew cab.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice truck, lowetec.

I get just over 21 mpg, highway only.

Hey, how do you like your Casita? Do you tow it with your Frontier? I have a 2015 17' Casita SD and tow it with my new Frontier 4L 4x4 crew cab.
Love my Casita, it's a 2005 Spirit Deluxe. My last camping trip was the middle of Oct right before I bought my Frontier so I haven't had a chance to tow with my new truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haven't done the initial fill up yet but according to my display it's showing 17L/100km which is about 14 mpg... it's guzzling gas. I figure the display isn't accurate, will calculate myself once I hit the local Shell for the first time. Are engines usually thirstier during the break in period?

·
Registered
493 Posts
. . . Are engines usually thirstier during the break in period?
Some report they see an increase after a few thousand miles but I did not notice a significant difference. My mileage has stayed about the same since the truck was new, usually about 18 or 19 mpg for small town and rural areas. I have seen as high as 22 or so on trips if I don't go too fast.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had my 2016 SV 4x4 CC/SB since August. Bought it with 7,500 miles. For some wierd reason I have taken screen shots of many of my fill-up calculations.

First tank: 22.5 mostly highway under 60 mph. Really trying to see what I could squeeze out of it.
The following week: Towing a 6x10 flatbed trailer loaded with furniture, the bed and back seat full; 15.4. Mostly highway around 65mph with O/D off.
Since then: No towing, some city, mostly highway; 21.9, 21.1, 21.5, 21.9.

I'm extremely happy with those numbers. It's about to drop considerably with winter blend though.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
A dollar sixty a gallon, WOW!

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's good to hear some of you are getting the advertised gas mileage. That gives me some hope. After owning a couple of dozen different vehicles through the years. This is the first vehicle that does not get the advertised mileage.

·
Registered
959 Posts
That's good to hear some of you are getting the advertised gas mileage. That gives me some hope. After owning a couple of dozen different vehicles through the years. This is the first vehicle that does not get the advertised mileage.
Try keeping your foot out of the short intake runners. VQ mileage drops like a rock when you wind it out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
With 9 fill-ups so far, the truck is averaging 21.8....won't really know the average until we get about 30 fill-ups under our belt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Getting shafted A!

I'm in BC and because we are expected to bend over so far at the pumps,I buy my fuel in Wa.State-A twenty minute drive for about 30% savings.When the price of oil goes down in the markets,the price at the pump goes up.And we don't even get any Lube when they want us to bend over.:surprise:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts