Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
blackfrontier said:
Anybody else here a first generation frontier owner? I think I have only noticed two or three others.
from your ava I would say that your's isn't a first gen frontier...

mrchuck, yours I would say is a first gen XD

Attachments

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
Frontin said:
use too :D then traded for a 3rd. and yes yours is a 2nd gen if its the one in your pic
I thought the 2nd Gen Frontier was the 05-06 models and all of the models that were built 98-04 were the 1st gen. And before that was the hardbody. :?:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm with StromNismo. I thought there were only two generations and the old school hard bodies. If this is true then I too have a first generation. Which is to say I have a 2001. It seems to me that there are mostly second generation owners here. Everyone seems to be pretty knowledgable about all of them though. I've gotten a lot of good help here even though my truck is older than most.

·
Banned
410 Posts
in my eyes everytime a body style changes its a new generation. in 01 they changed the front end. so its a new generation. maybe nissan or someone else doesnt go by that, but thats pretty much a basic rule it seems like

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
Aye.

a minor "face lift" is enough to be called a second gen, more that the entire body was pretty much restyled... between 2000 and 2001.

anytime a vehicle "evolves" it's next generation started.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
The 01 got a face lift,new flares & a tailgate.A next generation is a complete make over.98-04 1st Gen. 05-06 2nd Gen.

·
Registered
226 Posts
same thing with the S-10's there are 2 2nd gens... small square headlights with weird back bumpers from 94-97, then much better looking front end with normal looking bumpers 98-05.
My brother had a 1st gen Frontier (1998)... it was not a bad truck, until he took out a light post with it, then he got a S-10, but now he wants a Frontier again really bad (especially since i got one now hehe)

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 04 D22

I own an '04 D22 which is still technically a first generation frontier. Here is a pic.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts