Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard of a '98-'00 that has a turbo stuck on it? Because I have been doing a ton a research on this and I feel that to get the most bang for my buck, I really need to turbocharge my truck. All you other guys that have the standard 3.3 feel my pain. Its just so weak and slow. I feel like a turtle compared to my dad's '06 Xterra. If no one has heard of this, maybe something even a little more wild would be what I need. Has anybody heard of one with a RB26DETT swapped in? This is my eventual dream for the truck, after high school and college if the thing is still in decent driving condition. I want it to be a road warrior of a truck. I want to sit at stoplights and have guys with Mustang GT's drive up and wave a 20 and I straight destroy them, even when they are at full throttle. I know the turbo would take changing the pistons out to get that much power out of it, but I'm not to worried about that. It will definitely be worth it in the end if it happens.

· Registered
5,105 Posts
Well on our v6's no. But the 4banger I have heard of a turbo. if you want some extra power add a CAI, exhaust, headers. If you really want to go strong, and have some extra time, cash, and a spare vehicle add a supercharger off of one of the 01-04 trucks that came with them. Otherwise, get a 240, lol.

· Registered
6,000 Posts
i honestly don't think my 3.3 feels THAT slow, sure its not fast but i don't think its that bad. there has been one vg33 powered frontier that has been turbo'd but i could never find the info. on it. you could probably put the turbo from a z31 300zx on your truck, people do vg33 swaps in them cars all the time and just bolt the stock turbo on the vg33. take the heads off get them port and polished, throw in some jim wolf cams, and a good tune you'd be set. keep boost low for the stock bottom end you'd have around 250-300 hp.

· Registered
741 Posts

· Registered
5,105 Posts
Is it safe to use a turbo on a off road vehicle? I thought I heard somewhere that when it gets running real hot that mud or water could tear it apart?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.