Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been with my 1st gen frontier for 4 years now and since the value has been long depreciated I’ve been thinking of some fun projects to do with it. I’ve been searching online and I’ve found that the first gen frontier is universally called the “D22”, and there’s people in different countries that have the same or similar truck with the modifications I want to do.

The picture above is just an example of the type of modifications I want to do, I’m thinking of getting a lift kit with a grill guard. And later down the road I’ll get the roll bar on the tailgate with the snorkel but skip on the light strip since it’s illegal.

Another thing you’ve likely noticed about the 1st gen frontier or “D22” from overseas is that it has its Nissan badge on the grill, this is one I found in Mexico for sale and I’ll likely purchase it.

There’s trucks in Mexico that have these guard rails on them since they’re mainly used by ranchers who got them for cheap. They throw on the guard and it can withstand quite a few hits. I live in Texas where it’s completely legal to add a front guard so it’s no issue for me.

Sometime I’ll see if I can LS or VK56 swap the 1st gen Frontier, but for now I’m satisfied with the 3.3L V6. The main reason I’m thinking about this build is because this truck has had its value long depreciated and it’s become my daily vehicle for the ranch work I do.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm from Australia and we call the ones you're showing Second Gen or face-lift.
Our first gen were manufactured from 1997-2001 (Likely released to public the following year)

Then 2002-2014 Second gen or Face lift as the chassis & cab is exactly the same - you can change the front end to the newer style.

Edit: Check out the ARB infil panel,you'll likely want too

1 - 2 of 2 Posts