Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone? I came across this forum in the beginning of my new projects on my 2001 Nissan Frontier V6 Dessert Runner.

After all of the insight I got, I couldn't help but join.
I got my Frontier new at 15 years old and I have had it ever since.
After years of wear and tear, and 125,000 miles, I decided to redo everything and rediscovered my love for the Frontier.

I started by taking out the carpet, seats, console and shift boot and started cleaning. I soaked the carpet in a 50 Gallon barrel of water and a ton of Oxy Clean. After the interior was done I performed a full tune-up. Upgraded plugs, distributor, wires, rotor, 02 sensors, flushed the radiator, changed to royal purple for engine, tranny, and differential. I also modded the stock intake box and put a K&N filter in. Lastly, I replaced the shocks and struts, and changed the bearings.

In the beginning I was able to get a Dynomax Catback. Amazing throaty sound.

I look forward to getting more involved with the forum. You guys have already been awesome.

Hunter

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Nice intro! I am sure your truck appreciates your efforts. Welcome to the club.

·
Super Moderator
11,535 Posts
Sounds great, welcome to the forum.
Have you ever replaced the timing belt and water pump yet?

Clint

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sounds great, welcome to the forum.
Have you ever replaced the timing belt and water pump yet?

Clint
The Timing Belt and Water Pump is def. on the to do list. Thanks for the heads up!

One of the other things I was thinking about doing was placing the air temp sensor some placer cooler to get so extra HP. Any insights?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
The Timing Belt and Water Pump is def. on the to do list. Thanks for the heads up!

One of the other things I was thinking about doing was placing the air temp sensor some placer cooler to get so extra HP. Any insights?
The timing belt and water pump should be a little higher on your list.

Moving the sensors will probably screw something up. There are some simple rules and a degree or 2 won't give you enough boost in hp/tq to warrant the effort needed to move the sensor.

·
Super Moderator
11,535 Posts
The timing belt was due by 105,000 miles and most people here play it safe by doing theirs by 100,000 miles.
You're taking a real risk of trashing the motor, but it's your truck to make the choice. Hopefully you possess the skills to do it yourself and save the labor.

Clint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts