Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to all the 1st genner's on here!!

I recently became a Fronty owner and I LOVE it but enough about that.

My buddy recently decided he wanted to get rid of his fiberglass cap he had on his S-10. He got it by trading for a bumper cover. lol

I had been thinking about getting a different cover for my bed because the one on it didn't lift up (which was a pain). I asked what he wanted for it (if it fit my truck that is) and he said its mine if it fits!!

Well today we did a test fit and it works!! It could be like a half inch longer but it sits on my bed lip the whole way around. I'll just have to seal the two gaps where my bed liner ends in the front of the bed.

Ok enough chit chat onto the pics!!!

The gap:

Its missing a key but I'll get a new lock for it.

Snug on the tailgate!!

Here is the only real damage, the rest is just scratches:

It looks like it used to be blue and someone scuffed it down to paint but never did.

The next time I go home (I live in an apartment at college) I'll get my uncle to do some TLC and paint match it.

I'm pumped!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can beat free! Looks like it'll work for ya, too. Congrats.
Exactly!! It will look 100% better once painted to match too.

It really could be a hair wider but beggars can't be choosers!!

And really if I decide later its not for me, it's total profit when I sell it!!

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
^ ahaha

I have one for a crew cab short bed, if anyone lives in CA, or close by, you can have it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one for a crew cab short bed, if anyone lives in ct ,or close by, you can have it
Frijolero said:
^ ahaha

I have one for a crew cab short bed, if anyone lives in CA, or close by, you can have it
I take it you guys don't like yours?? Reasons why??

frontiermonkey said:
Welcome to the club. Sig pic is pretty wild looking. You in school for design or photography?
No I'm actually a Psych major!! lol But I do a lot of amateur design and photo stuff in my free time.

The picture is one of my favorites. Unfortunately it's not mine, but its a play on "A Clockwork Orange". haha!!

Thanks though!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just to much of a pain in the *** taking it off everytime I need to put something in the bed. Plus I was never big on the look of it

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
The picture is one of my favorites. Unfortunately it's not mine, but its a play on "A Clockwork Orange". haha!!
I thought about that when I saw it!

I take it you guys don't like yours?? Reasons why??
My truck had it installed when I got it and it first came off when I jumped my truck and the tonneau flew off the back. Then It would come off whenever I needed to carry larger than what would fit under it and now I have no bed so no need for it. I loved mine though, it gives the truck a nice smooth look specially when its painted to match and keeps your stuff out of site and and moreless safe.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Thanks though!!
I knew that looked familiar. My sister was in one-act-play all throughout high school so I am pretty familiar with all that. My fav was One Flew Over the Cu-coo's Nest. Good book too.

Free is great, nothing better than free and it works! Awesome man.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!!

Considering I'm going from a Maxima to this, I really don't notice cause I have INFINITELY more cargo space!! haha

I think for now I'm gonna rattle can it black (instead of scuffed blue) until I take it home to get it color matched. Then its gonna look tits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts