Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to add factory fog lights to my truck, can anyone point me in the right direction that includes the relays, fuse, and button necessary to do this? If it doesn't add up monetarily I might just add a light bar, but I need suggestions for mounts.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
First suggestion is do a search; there's a lot of threads on fogs that will have info I'll probably miss. But, the first thing to check is if your truck is already wired for fogs. If it is, all you need to get is a new stalk and the lights themselves. Mine wasn't so I'm not positive, but if yours is wired, the fog connectors should be tied off somewhere behind the headlights, maybe. If you don't have the harness, like I didn't, then your best bet is an aftermarket kit with OE style lights. I got one off of eBay and have been very pleased. There are threads on this approach also. Hopefully this'll get you started.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mine had no foglights or switch but already had the wiring all the way from the lights to the dash,

so I just bought a set of aftermarket foglights, threw them in, and wired the already existing foglight wire in the dash directly to the running lights wire, so my fogs will always turn on with the 1st click of headlights

(I also upgraded the aftermarket foglight housings to 55watt HID projectors)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine had no foglights or switch but already had the wiring all the way from the lights to the dash,

so I just bought a set of aftermarket foglights, threw them in, and wired the already existing foglight wire in the dash directly to the running lights wire, so my fogs will always turn on with the 1st click of headlights

The wiring in the dash was on the left side behind one of the button "blank off" plates? I'll have to take a look to see if mine is wired. The closer to plug and play this is the better off I would be. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
674 Posts
The wiring in the dash was on the left side behind one of the button "blank off" plates? I'll have to take a look to see if mine is wired. The closer to plug and play this is the better off I would be. Thanks for the input!

Don't remember where it was, sorry,

But I can tell you, if you have the plugs in the engine compartment then you definately have the dash wiring lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just looked behind my bumper, no wiring so scratch that idea. Unless it's tucked somewhere my truck isn't wired for it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just looked behind my bumper, no wiring so scratch that idea. Unless it's tucked somewhere my truck isn't wired for it.

check behind your headlights thats where i found mine, also what year and trim is your truck is?

·
Super Moderator
3,686 Posts
That's where it was on my 2003; is was behind the headlight... To be more exact it was taped to the harness at the inside bottom of the radiator support. The connectors are brown. They were hard to find because of the dust and dirt build-up on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read on another thread, all CC's were wired for fog lights and the connectors were yellow, but brown isn't far off of yellow. I haven't looked for them yet on mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's where it was on my 2003; is was behind the headlight... To be more exact it was taped to the harness at the inside bottom of the radiator support. The connectors are brown. They were hard to find because of the dust and dirt build-up on it.

I’ll take another look shortly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So now that I’m back from travel and finished most of my maintenance plans for the truck, I finally found time to locate the fog light wiring.

Gonna start spending money now, lol! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,686 Posts
I read on another thread, all CC's were wired for fog lights and the connectors were yellow, but brown isn't far off of yellow. I haven't looked for them yet on mine.
Yellow is usually reserved for air bag components.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts