Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all been a long time follower to this forum ! I've had my frontier for 8 years now with 212 hundred thousand miles on it and been wanting to do upgrades but unsure if I should with high miles . I have the ka24de with a k&n cold intake and that's about it .I'm under the impression that I can install a 240 intake manifold ?Just want to get some knowledge on my engine and what i can do to it .thanks everyone !

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
212K miles is a lot on an engine to begin doing performance mods! At the very least, I would do a compression test and what kind of shape your engine is in. If the readings are on the low side of the specs, I would suggest leaving it as is or plan on re-ringing the pistons and honing the cylinders. Even if your engine is still putting out all of its rated horsepower after all of these years, the 240SX intake swap is only going to get you about another 10-12 HP and you'll need to swap the ECM, as well, and should swap the cams. To get real power out of KA engines, you need to look at forced induction. KA-T.org is a site that has a whole lot of information if you decide to go that route.
Nico Club's site also has a lot of information in their KA24E/KA24DE forum; search for the thread "frontier ka24de to 240sx 248/232 or 248/248 cam swap" which has a lot of info on which year intakes, ECMs and cams to use. This is good info because not all KA engines are the same! Different models had different blocks, intake ports were changed as well as distributor locations on the cylinder heads, different cams were used and timing chains were changed from double row to single row.
Another good thread in Nico's KA24E/KA24DE forum is titled "Supercharged KA24DE (Frontier Variant with 240SX Intake)." Good luck if you decide to do it! Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man for info so you think I should just swap engine because of high miles to sr20 or something like a 2jz haa .also what you think about headers and exaust ,that should be safe upgrades right ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts