Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crawled up under my truck the other day to swap out the oil. When replacing the oil filer I noticed the harness wasn't attached to the sensor thats on the oil filter housing. After further inspection of it; the connector is actually broken. It's a single wire harness with a rubber cover around it. I'm assuming it's the oil pressure sending unit, but my truck doesn't have a gauge. No lights are on and I am having no engine issues. Is this something I need to worry about fixing? I can't seem to find the correct harness to replace the connector.

FYI 1998 XE KC 2x4 4 banger.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Yes, this is a sender to warn you if your oil pressure drops off, so you can pull over and maybe avoid engine damage. No warning light comes on when key is in run position before you start the engine because it is not connected.

If the harness is broken - does have a special shape - but I believe that the sending unit itself just has a 1/4-inch standard male terminal inside the recess, which a female quick-connect could fit onto and be crimped to the remaining part of the wire.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts