Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My son is officially an owner. I bought this truck for him today from a young lady who has been driving it as a daily driver. It has a small amount of rust around the rear wheel wells and needs a passenger side door spring. I bought it for $1000.00. Its in very good condition. KBB list private sale here in N.Y. at 3000.00 but I know in todays market those numbers probably are not accurate.

Does this price seem fair?

Anyone have any input on a 97 2.4 5sp w 106,000mi?

Are they under powered?

How many miles will a properly maintained 4 banger go?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks good to me.... especially for that price.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Last June my buddy bought an 05 X cab 4cyl 4x4 with 90,000 miles for ~ $5k. No rust, but prior repaired body damage with questionable quality.

I would say $1k is a steal!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
yeah ditto a grand seems like a great deal. Looking at the pics I'd say thats a sharp looking truck. I had a 96 with probley (speedo busted) over 200,000 kilometers with zero engine quirks. If properly maintained it'll last a long time. Last year of that body style too.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot pole.

hey theres a Nissan truck in craigslist for sale by you. If I wired the money could you pick it up for me???? :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
you did good, the local news station did a story about local cars with high mileage and they had a hardbody with 400,000ish miles on it stock engine and tranny. They don't have much power at all but they are really tough

·
Registered
321 Posts
Actually, the power isn't bad at all on those for what it is. My father had a regular cab '95 2.4l/5 speed 2wd regular cab that I drove a lot back in HS. It had a lot of power for a 4 cylinder. It surprised a lot of people. The 4wd will limit the power a little, but I wouldn't think it would be too terribly bad. He only had it till 160k miles, but it still ran and drove like new when he sold it. We ragged the piss out of that poor truck too lol.

·
Registered
877 Posts
THat is a STEAL!!!
I have done some unbelievably stupid childish things to my 93, and it just wont quit!!!!!
They are imo very powerful for a 4 banger truck and a properly running 4 banger Hardbody 2wd with a manual tranny 1990 or newer will easily beat any 3.3 frontier in a unloaded race.

One great thing about te KA24E is 80 percent of its torque is avalible at 1000 rpms.

·
Super Moderator
12,387 Posts
I had a 1995 and was very fond of it. It had enough get up and go and especially since your son is young, not too much power.

Clint

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a 95 that was the same color, just as a King Cab. My father had a 93 SE V6 KC as well. Great trucks. The engines last forever, the only real weakness they have is rust. I've never had a vehicle that rusted like those (same for my 93 SE-V6 Pathfinder). All of them had the bumpers rust through in a couple of years. The 93 truck met its end when it would no longer pass inspection due to the frame being so badly rusted. We traded it to a neighbor who used it as a farm truck for a few more years before the frame actually broke in half. The Pathy had Flintstones holes in the front floors, under the rear seat, rockers, and above the wheels. My 95 was sold after a few years, but that already had the bumpers through, and some bubbling in the paint. in a few places.

Great trucks, but keep on top of that rust. Living in NH is tough on a vehicle, but our Nissan trucks of that vintage took it far worse than anything else we had.

Would I buy it for $1100? In a second.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.