Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching ever since i joined this site and haven't ran across what people are running for stock 17" tires. Tons of 15/16" info.

I think i'm gonna keep this truck for a long time so i'm looking to build it slowly. I plan for the calmini lift in about 2-3 years but in the mean time wanted to see what the max tire size i can run on my stock 17" wheel with minimal modification?

I want a beefy AT on stock ride height for now...i was hoping to squeeze a 275/70/17 with a 1.5 or 2" hub centronic??

any ideas?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im running 17" SC wheels on my 2000 XE V6.....All I did was crank my torsion bars and removed my front mud flaps.

No lift of any kind.

Tires are 265/70/17 Dunlup's

Hope that helps

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
check out the bridgestone revo's they are IMO the best daily driver/mild trail tire out there. great treadlife, and on road manners along with very good offroad traits. I know a few gen 1 frontiers along with a gen 2 that i wheel with a lot the can follow my XJ with TSL with out any issues. but theats just me most every one else on here has hard ons for BFG ATs

·
Registered
107 Posts
I currently have 265/70/17 I'm going to be needing tires soon. Looking at 275 or 285/70. I may have to crank the bars a bit to fit it, but I have no issues with the 265/70s at all with no lift.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Revos and Firestone Destination AT are good tire.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I currently have 265/70/17 I'm going to be needing tires soon. Looking at 275 or 285/70. I may have to crank the bars a bit to fit it, but I have no issues with the 265/70s at all with no lift.

I currently have 265/65/17....i'm hoping for the 275/70's will be ok. Although i dont want to touch the TBars i'll see how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts