Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before:

After:

I finally got around to upgrading my wheels and tires on the 4 banger. I have one of the few '04's that came with steel wheels, and the original general grabbers were getting a little slick at 59,000 miles. I upgraded to some Infiniti QX4 16" alloys and Michelin LTX M/S2's in a 225-70-16. That added 1" of rolling diameter and an extra inch of width. The offset is very much what I was looking for in that almost all of the extra width went to the outside. The center caps are eBay Hong Kong specials for similar years of Pathfinders. My speedometer was running about 6MPH high before the swap and is now only 3MPH high as compared to my portable GPS - which is in line with the Q and the wife's G. I think I can feel a little decrease in low-end power, but it could be my imagination... it's minor at best.I probably offset any difference by using these high performance floor mats :D

So what do you guys think?

Heath

·
Registered
177 Posts
very nice- I'm always a big fan of finding some nice used stock alloys that fit--especially in your situation

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
not my favorite wheels but definitely an improvement over the steelies so more power to you sir :thumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
wheels look good! what tire size are you running?

lol love the mats! i picked up a set for mine too off ebay.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using 225/70/16. Seemed to be the best available to keep pretty close to the OEM rolling diameter, and I got a little extra load capicity out of it too...

Heath

·
Registered
881 Posts
The contents of my stomach just attempted an unintended hiatal evacuation up into my lower esophagus...but I was able to choke it back. It's all good now.

Definitely not the wheels for me...buy hey, they are not for me. If you like them, good score. Now, the real killer would be if you put the Nissan steelies on one of your Infiniti's. You didn't do that, right?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The contents of my stomach just attempted an unintended hiatal evacuation up into my lower esophagus...but I was able to choke it back.
:D:D I'm sorry I endangered your investment in breakfast!

No, I hocked the steelies on Craigslist to a guy with a '98 Frontier with peeling paint steelies and no center caps who was just has happy as could be to pay me $75 and drive two hours to get them. Guess it's all a matter of perspective!

Heath

1 - 7 of 7 Posts