Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys and ladies I just took delivery of my 2018 Titan KC Pro4X yesterday wanted to share the size difference compared to my Frontier. It feels huge and it is, but it's seems smaller than the F150 I test drove I believe? But OMG I'm so in love with it. A LOT has changed in 12yrs, LED bed lighting, 120V outlet in bed, Camera's overhead, front, rear. Heated and cooled seats, the radio is crazy good. 13.6MPG AVG, 18.5MPG best trip just around town, no hwy trips yet. Only 220 miles on her so far. Oh and it's fast as Frick.

PS I still love my Frontier and it's smaller size and will dearly miss the 6spd manual trans, but I'm quickly feeling like I made a great decision to go with the Titan to tow my travel trailer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Congrats on your new acquisition!

Does your new Titan P4X KC fit in your garage height- & length-wise?

Blue Devil II...? :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your new acquisition!

Does your new Titan P4X KC fit in your garage height- & length-wise?

Blue Devil II...? :)
IDK I would have to have a spot for it first before trying to fit it in :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Great looking rigs (both of them). I sat in a Titan the other day and it is a sweet ride but the sticker price... EGAD, and it wasn't a diesel either.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great looking rigs (both of them). I sat in a Titan the other day and it is a sweet ride but the sticker price... EGAD, and it wasn't a diesel either.
I know right, it's twice what I paid for my Frontier, pickups are the new luxury vehicle :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
WOW! Thats what I call the best of both worlds right there!!!! CONGRATS!! Couldnt have picked a better truck!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Congratulations on your new truck. I really like the matching colors including the Hyundai (?) in the garage.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations on your new truck. I really like the matching colors including the Hyundai (?) in the garage.
Thanks man you're correct Hyundai Veloster RSpec Wife's DD, they are all blue our favorite color :)

I've been eyeing up the Titans as well, lately. I was reading they are going to sell them with a factory lift option soon.
A lift wow!?! It's hard enough to get into at the height it is right now without step bars, wife said step bar purchase is already approved :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Is OEM V8 muffler 2-in or 1-in w/ an upstream Y-pipe?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is OEM V8 muffler 2-in or 1-in w/ an upstream Y-pipe?
shift_RUSH I crawled under there just for you "LUV" ;) It's actually 2" pipe from each side of the engine straight to the muffler they don't join.

That is why you are selling the nismo. And let me guess your favorite color.
Yes Sir ;) So what's our favorite color? >:D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice. I didn't realize they were making them in that cab size already. That Elise is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yeah they started making the King Cab in Oct 2017 I ordered it in December. Thanks about the Lotus I was stationed in England in 95-97 and loved the Elise S1. In 2004 when we found out they were coming to the states we found the closest dealer test drove one when they finally had one available. Ordered in Aug 2004 and took delivery of it in Aug 2005, a one year wait. But it was worth it, it's such a special car, not the fastest, not exotic, but so organic such a joy to drive >:D

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
shift_RUSH I crawled under there just for you "LUV" ;) It's actually 2" pipe from each side of the engine straight to the muffler they don't join.
Thanks, "Luv"! A Titan muffler might be a decent choice for some Y-pipe eliminators aiming to keeps things tamer than a V6 straight-thru rice muffler.

Don't be a stranger Blue Devil, we're gonna miss ya once you sell your Fronty. :) GLWS

shift_RUSH - proud member of THE SIX-SPEED MAFIA

·
Registered
201 Posts
I keep hearing the 1/2 ton is still on the same F-Alpha chassis.
I've heard the same. However, I've seen some pictures(but of course can't find them now) where it looks like the half ton titans have an UCA that is slightly different than the old models. The picture I saw the UCA looked like it had a bend or kink in one of the arms to allow it to clear the coil bucket better or just give a bit more room. I'm wondering if that is the case. If it is then the newer arms may be a better alternative to broke folks like me who will probably be on stock titan uppers when i eventually do a titan swap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts