Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering wiring up some fog lights to an independent switch using the methods outlined here

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/fog-wiring-install-aftermarket-switch-stock-wiring-29814/

I already have my satellite radio tapped into the top (ignition dependent) 12v outlet wiring.

As I'm fairly new to auto wiring, are there any issues with putting a second tap on this outlet wiring for the fog lights?

Are there any other ignition dependent wires that I could tap into and that wouldn't cause any major problems if I were to screw something up?

I had a very faint alternator whine in the speakers when the sat radio was on at first, but it seemed to go away after a few days. Any chance this would come back if I put more load and/or connections on the existing outlet wiring?

Thanks in advance for suggestions/advice.

·
Registered
874 Posts
lights are going to draw too much power for that circuit, you would need to use a relay and pull power for the lights from the battery

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Like he said, use a relay to pull power from the battery and then you can use the power from that outlet as a signal (less than .5 volts) for the relay to kick on, but there are plenty of other wires under the hood that would make this easier for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts