Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Nismo that i had installed the ready lift 2.5 in spacer up front and 1.5" shackle lift in the back. The kit came with camber bolts but the original bolts in the lower control arms were seized solid. I soaked the bolts weekly for about 4 months, i tried everything to get them out including a 12X air hammer, sledge hammers, C clamps, you name it, i was just doing more harm than good trying to get those bolts out of there. So i bit the bullet so to speak and got the reciprocating saw out. There's no way to cut just the bolts without cutting the bushing they go through and the heat created while cutting damaged the bond between the rubber and the metal bushing so the lower control arms were now toast! Also while i was taking everything apart, one of the drivers side brake pads was found to be broken in half and worn down severely for only having been there 16000 km, and when i went to the passenger side, one pad broke while being removed while the other had a huge crack all the way through. Needless to say, my calipers were pooched and overheating the pads and not floating properly despite constant lubing of the floating pins during routine maintenance. So... I now had to buy 2LCA's, front pads and 2 new calipers and had the rotors turned for a total of $1100 so far. I have an appointment for an alignment tomorrow and to get my new 285/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs put on.

All this for 4 @#$% bolts! I'm kinda glad i found the problem with the brakes though so it can be fixed but it pisses me off that i'm on my 3rd set of pads up front with only 68,000km on the truck.

That's my rant! :censor:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
wow, that sucks, i haven't had any of your problems, guess you just had some bad luck there, hope it gets better for you

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
yea that sounds like more stuff going wrong for you at the same time than anyone else i've seen lol, sorry for the bad luck. at least you took care of the brake issue, that could have been bad

·
Registered
840 Posts
Bad luck mate.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Hmmm Is This A Canadian Winter Ice And Salt Issue?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's a canadian thing... but i do what i can to help allevieate the effect of snow, ice and salt. I wash the truck often and it's undercoated annualy and i use anti-seize on everything i take apart as well as LPS 3 corosion sheild on pretty much everything. Those bolts just hadn't made it out to get this treatment before this! There's plenty on Anti-seize on the now though!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
did you try an impact gun? and that blows man thats pretty steep

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
the issues is the bolts become rust welded to the metal sleeve in the bushing. Also the bushing in the LCA is not replaceable so when you have an issue with it you need a new lower arm. Impacts do nothing they just spin the bolt.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Not only Canadian winter. Anywhere that use salt on the roads.

·
Registered
219 Posts
not just a north thing it happens in Texas too.

·
Registered
572 Posts
man sucks never had that happen to mine..well hope everything turns around for ya

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm going through the same thing now. I just installed the PRG basic coilover suspension package on my 07 and couldn't get the lower control arm bolts to install the cam bolts. So far I tried a sledge hammer, impact gun, c-clamp and WD40. Now I'm soaking it in PB Blaster. I plan to try again next weekend after it's had a chance to soak. I'm hoping not to have to cut them out like you did but I have a feeling it's going to come down to that. I live in the North East so road salt is a problem here too. Right now my camber is pretty out of wack.

BWT, what did you soak yours in?

Ben

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the same issue on my 05 Nismo. I soaked and soaked them but no luck at the alignment shop. They aligned it the best they could and so far no odd front tire wear but I rotate my 33's every other oil change. This summer I may buy new lower arms and replace the bolts just for piece of mind. SUCKS!

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
With all of these Titan swaps finding a used set of UCAs shouldn't be too hard and should be cost effective.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,580 Posts
With all of these Titan swaps finding a used set of UCAs shouldn't be too hard and should be cost effective.
the camber bolts go in the LCA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts